Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Euthanized a Pet

Didn't think it would be this hard, but it was absolutely the right thing to do. He will be missed like no other. Poor cat was crying like a baby. Never heard a cat cry like that, but I found out what it was like on Sunday, and it wasn't a pretty sight. 

We made the call to end his suffering the easiest way possible. He was obviously dying and in excrutiating pain (despite pain relievers and sedatives), so we decided this was the best thing we could do for him. The vet was shocked he was still alive when we arrived. FIP had been diagnosed too late for us to treat it. (By the way, if anyone knows someone whose pet is fighting FIP, have them contact me. I know of treatments that can cure it if it's caught early). 

Seems cliche because we all lose pets we love, but this one was harder than usual. Poor thing was much too young to die, and he had a force of will to be reckoned with. He refused to let go, even in his final hours. 

I figured I'd move on like usual, I've lost friends and family and it's been so much easier. But this particular time it hit me hard. I'm glad the vet let us be near him in his final hours (Covid restrictions usually restrict that), but it doesn't make it any more bearable.

Messages In This Thread
Euthanized a Pet - by Darth-Apple - October 13th, 2020 at 9:13 PM
RE: Euthanized a Pet - by tc4me - October 14th, 2020 at 7:46 AM
RE: Euthanized a Pet - by Guardian - October 14th, 2020 at 11:24 AM
RE: Euthanized a Pet - by Darth-Apple - October 14th, 2020 at 11:40 AM
RE: Euthanized a Pet - by brian51 - October 14th, 2020 at 10:18 PM
RE: Euthanized a Pet - by Kyng - October 15th, 2020 at 8:32 PM
RE: Euthanized a Pet - by Darth-Apple - October 15th, 2020 at 9:31 PM
RE: Euthanized a Pet - by s3_gunzel - October 18th, 2020 at 10:10 AM
RE: Euthanized a Pet - by Megan - October 23rd, 2020 at 6:58 PM