Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

I got the Chatcave Server Back

So as a few of you guys know, I used to have a chat room hosting service for Ajax Chat some number of years ago. We hosted about 600 of them on our little VPS, and it actually made enough money towards the end to break even. Doesn't sound exciting, but on a little chat room hosting service where the only ads were on the login page, it was encouraging. 

Anyway, I'm beyond happy to have the server back from the host. We unfortunately got suspended some number of years ago for apparently not having the DDOS filtering on autopay (my fault completely), but in any case, we have the files back now. I will likely never bring it back (it wouldn't be worthwhile in the age of Discord), but I'm not gonna lie, the idea seems interesting. 

Not sure what I'm gonna do with it at this point, but I might post some of the code in the coming months. We made quite a lot of very neat improvements to it (including an admin panel for settings, real nickname registration, new commands, among other improvements).

Messages In This Thread
I got the Chatcave Server Back - by Darth-Apple - April 30th, 2020 at 8:50 PM
RE: I got the Chatcave Server Back - by tc4me - April 30th, 2020 at 8:55 PM
RE: I got the Chatcave Server Back - by Darth-Apple - May 14th, 2020 at 3:55 AM
RE: I got the Chatcave Server Back - by tc4me - May 14th, 2020 at 4:21 AM
RE: I got the Chatcave Server Back - by Darth-Apple - May 27th, 2020 at 1:26 AM
RE: I got the Chatcave Server Back - by SpookyZalost - May 27th, 2020 at 3:12 AM
RE: I got the Chatcave Server Back - by Darth-Apple - May 27th, 2020 at 3:26 AM
RE: I got the Chatcave Server Back - by tc4me - May 27th, 2020 at 4:25 AM
RE: I got the Chatcave Server Back - by Guardian - May 27th, 2020 at 3:46 PM
RE: I got the Chatcave Server Back - by Darth-Apple - May 27th, 2020 at 3:52 PM