Poll: Creativity: Born or Made?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I'm gonna say born
25.00%
1 25.00%
Nahhh, it's made
75.00%
3 75.00%
Total 4 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Is Creativity Learned?

(February 29th, 2020 at 1:39 PM)Juneberry Wrote: I think creativity is a mixture of nature and nurture. As children, we tend to have a higher level of imagination and creativity imbued in us. A lot of kids naturally take to art, music, or just playing games of pretend. What helps it grow is nurture- allowing a child to continue to explore their creativity long into their life, finding outlets that they feel most strongly about. Now, this has nothing to do with skill level as I'm talking about it, I mean creativity itself. But with a need for a creative outlet, a person will find one they meld with best, and enjoy most, and they'll begin to practice it and try to better their work in it naturally, because they've been raised to admire and use their creativity in younger years.

I agree with this wholeheartedly. I think that schools have failed to truly realize this. A lot of the most successful people in the world were successful because they had a lot of passion for what they did, and because they had an outlet to allow it to grow. 

It starts small. It's a little interest, then it becomes a hobby, then you become great at it. It's a process, not an overnight thing. And schools tend to see "Oh, well, he's not good at this, let's spend all of our time teaching him math" rather than "Oh, she's good at art, she might have an interest with it, let's see if we can put her in some art classes."

Messages In This Thread
Is Creativity Learned? - by Darth-Apple - February 29th, 2020 at 2:46 AM
RE: Is Creativity Learned? - by Lain - February 29th, 2020 at 5:02 AM
RE: Is Creativity Learned? - by Juneberry - February 29th, 2020 at 1:39 PM
RE: Is Creativity Learned? - by Darth-Apple - March 19th, 2020 at 4:31 PM
RE: Is Creativity Learned? - by Guardian - February 29th, 2020 at 7:56 PM
RE: Is Creativity Learned? - by Altair - July 8th, 2020 at 2:33 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sleep Depravation and Creativity Darth-Apple 1 1,710 January 4th, 2023 at 6:43 AM
Last Post: tc4me