Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

(Skylines) What is the secret to building good subway lines?

It's a blessing and a curse that in Skylines, you have to manually draw your own subway and bus lines. in SC4, you could plop them just about anywhere and they'd be used, and the game would figure out all of the messy mechanics by itself. 

In my skylines cities, I usually plop 2-4 subway stations in each district, depending on the size. People in this game seem to be willing to walk much further than the sims in SC4 were willing to walk.

I then draw a couple of generic large loops through the entire city first, each one taking slightly different side routes and stops. I then draw smaller north-south and east-west loops that are more localized, and hope that the CIMS just switch lines when they need to. Oh, and I found out the hard way, they all have to be in a loop, or else the line doesn't run at all. 

Bus lines are even more challenging for me, because you have to place the bus stops on a good, high capacity road. I've seen traffic jams putting them on side streets. 

Anyone got any tips on this regard? It's been a bit challenging for me so far. Otherwise, a fantastic game. Finna

Messages In This Thread
(Skylines) What is the secret to building good subway lines? - by Darth-Apple - June 29th, 2019 at 11:15 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Brooklyn Building Style Darth-Apple 6 3,821 April 30th, 2020 at 4:24 PM
Last Post: Kyng
  Building on a single tile... Darth-Apple 9 6,784 July 14th, 2019 at 8:24 PM
Last Post: SpookyZalost