Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Mojave (The new Mac OS)

So I bit the bullet tonight and went ahead and upgraded to the public beta. Besides a pretty severe memory leak (which isn't surprising for a beta), it's honestly a fantastic release in the making. I've already switched to Dark Mode, the dynamic backgrounds are great, the new app store looks great, and a lot of the new apps and feature adjustments are very polishing. Oh and stacks! I wish this feature was available on folders outside of just the Desktop, but let me tell you, this feature cleans up the desktop like none other! It organizes files based on their type and declutters everything quite well.

Only issue I've had is with yarascanservice. It's a process that starts immediately after bootup and quickly consumes 22GB+ of RAM (my mac only has 16GB!!) I had to go into Activity monitor and force quit it. Went ahead and reported it to Apple, hopefully that gets fixed quickly. It appears to be some sort of antivirus that eludes just about everyone. It's apparently new and nobody really knows anything about it.

Otherwise, never been prouder to own a Mac. Windows has become less and less viable as time has gone on for me. 

Anyone else used the new beta, or looking forward to its final release?

Messages In This Thread
Mojave (The new Mac OS) - by Darth-Apple - July 3rd, 2018 at 4:20 AM
RE: Mojave (The new Mac OS) - by SpookyZalost - July 3rd, 2018 at 6:50 AM
RE: Mojave (The new Mac OS) - by Darth-Apple - July 3rd, 2018 at 8:01 AM
RE: Mojave (The new Mac OS) - by SpookyZalost - July 3rd, 2018 at 8:22 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Installing Ubuntu on an Intel Mac Darth-Apple 4 1,900 February 13th, 2023 at 6:09 PM
Last Post: tc4me
  Apple (apparently) scraps M2 Extreme Mac Pro (again) Darth-Apple 0 805 December 21st, 2022 at 5:16 AM
Last Post: Darth-Apple
  Brand new Mac stolen... Darth-Apple 7 5,347 June 6th, 2019 at 11:46 PM
Last Post: SpookyZalost
  I bought a Mac Darth-Apple 10 9,115 May 20th, 2017 at 6:35 PM
Last Post: SpookyZalost