Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

RFID based shop with no employees in china

you've all probably heard about the amazon go store in Seattle

well I was going over my feed and I got a video today about something that actually predates it called the tutu market. (it's china what can ya say? lol).

created by tencent and alibaba (if you've ever imported anything you'll recognize the latter).
this market is completely employee less, think 7/11 without the guy at the counter.

that's not the crazy part though and here's where the tech comes in, the entire store keeps track of it's Items using a super cheap Radio Frequency Identification tag based system comprising of a system on a chip which is glued to a piece of paper with a circuit board painted onto it then another piece of paper glued on top to protect it.

I realize the job market is terrible but sometimes I really do wish for basic stuff stores like this could be implemented more, it's probably the future of things anyway.
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
[Image: 5.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RFID based shop with no employees in china - by SpookyZalost - June 22nd, 2018 at 9:40 AM