Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

What to do with a busted video card?

I just turned my computer on to find a busted $130 video card (discounted significantly from the original price), smoking in my PC. Of course I cut the power very quickly, as any smart computer technician would, but honestly going back to integrated graphics reminds me of how CPU intensive even basic graphics can become when you only have a dual core CPU to work with and a lot of multitasking to deal with as well.

[Image: y4h7.jpg]

So, anyone here have any experience getting busted cards to work? I don't have the money to easily replace this card out of pocket, so I'm hoping to be able to repair it. I've already dusted it quite a bit, and I'm not sure if there is really any hope left for a smoked card.

Messages In This Thread
What to do with a busted video card? - by Darth-Apple - June 27th, 2013 at 1:38 AM
RE: What to do with a busted video card? - by Thomas - March 19th, 2019 at 12:11 AM
RE: What to do with a busted video card? - by SpookyZalost - March 19th, 2019 at 10:42 PM
RE: What to do with a busted video card? - by zoldos - March 22nd, 2019 at 9:52 AM
RE: What to do with a busted video card? - by SpookyZalost - March 22nd, 2019 at 4:45 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Memory card mod-modding. SpookyZalost 0 2,604 June 15th, 2018 at 4:14 PM
Last Post: SpookyZalost