Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Chatcave - a minor rant

In case you didn't know, we host chat rooms as well. In fact, we host over 600 of them! (see chatcave.me) The service has fared much better than initially anticipated. Believe it or not, though it isn't exactly profitable, it does pay for itself with fairly minimal ads, unlike its competitors. Finna

I barely check on the support forums over there anymore and the spam has grown to unspeakable levels. Like, horrible. 110K posts and it's overloading the server. So much spam that I am currently SSHing into the server, going straight into the database, and via a command prompt, deleting these posts 1000 posts at a time. And even that is overloading the server. 

Would it be bothersome if we added a board over here on MS for chatcave support and posted everything chatcave related here instead?  It wouldn't be much of a liability being that those forums aren't really all that active, but it would sure solve the spam problem, and would free up the server for the actual chat rooms.

Messages In This Thread
Chatcave - a minor rant - by Darth-Apple - May 18th, 2018 at 5:37 AM
RE: Chatcave - a minor rant - by Guardian - May 18th, 2018 at 9:17 PM
RE: Chatcave - a minor rant - by Darth-Apple - May 19th, 2018 at 1:36 AM
RE: Chatcave - a minor rant - by SpookyZalost - May 19th, 2018 at 2:10 AM
RE: Chatcave - a minor rant - by Guardian - May 19th, 2018 at 7:53 PM