Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

University

So I decided to go back to school last year, and here I am, studying for computer science. I actually moved to a completely different city, left a great full time desk job, and moved back into an apartment, basically uprooting everything. I'll write more about my life experiences as time goes on, but for the time being, I'm planning, currently, just to get my bachelors and get a job, but the idea of getting a masters sounds good too. And I'm enjoying the college life a little, even though I'm a little older than most juniors. (Not by a ton. Not by too much. But maybe a tad. Tongue

These days it's easy to get your feet wet and get your foot in the door without one. BUT, 1. With the degree, you get the experience of being in college and having the experience of a lifetime while you're at it. 

2, you have every opportunity under the sun to make great connections without having to fight an uphill battle. 

3, you have less to figure out on your own. As a part of your studies, you will learn advanced coding in advanced languages, various algorithms, how to write great code, etc. And it will force you out of your comfort zone and teach you many things you might not have brought on to yourself. 

And, 4, it looks great to employers, even if you get a job outside of the field. 

I'm not too terribly far off from graduating and I'm already beyond excited, and glad I made the decision to go back to school. What are your thoughts on getting a degree in the field?

Messages In This Thread
University - by Darth-Apple - March 29th, 2018 at 3:18 AM
RE: University - by Guardian - March 29th, 2018 at 9:14 PM
RE: University - by brian51 - March 30th, 2018 at 2:10 AM
RE: University - by Darth-Apple - March 31st, 2018 at 12:47 AM
RE: University - by Guardian - April 1st, 2018 at 3:32 PM
RE: University - by Darth-Apple - April 2nd, 2018 at 6:13 PM
RE: University - by Guardian - April 2nd, 2018 at 8:39 PM
RE: University - by brian51 - April 5th, 2018 at 1:59 AM
RE: University - by SpookyZalost - April 6th, 2018 at 1:13 AM
RE: University - by Guardian - April 7th, 2018 at 12:59 AM
RE: University - by SpookyZalost - April 10th, 2018 at 4:56 AM