Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Sirius XM

So I decided to go ahead and get it. They kept calling me trying to get me to sign up. $16 a month is a little outrageous in my opinion but it was pretty easy to talk them down on the price. Apparently if you tell them no enough they eventually offer you $5/month, and to be honest, that actually wasn't a terrible deal. Tongue

I love it personally, save for one thing. The audio quality is absolutely horrible. Not sure why. Some people say it's more bearable than others, but apparently that has to do with the receiver. If you have a legacy XM receiver, apparently it pulls from the old XM frequencies where the codecs are a little better and therefore the audio quality is a little better. I wish my car had one because the compression is heavily noticeable. I've heard the bitrates go anywhere from 32-64 kbps or so and that's at the best. 

Other than that it's great. They have plenty of stations and the ones I listen to are pretty good. I just add the music to my library once I find songs I like and listen to them from there.   Wink

Anyone else used it before? What did you think? And the sound quality, was it even remotely bearable? Tongue

Messages In This Thread
Sirius XM - by Darth-Apple - December 21st, 2017 at 12:44 PM
RE: Sirius XM - by SpookyZalost - December 21st, 2017 at 1:52 PM
RE: Sirius XM - by Darth-Apple - December 21st, 2017 at 2:10 PM
RE: Sirius XM - by Guardian - December 22nd, 2017 at 10:54 PM
RE: Sirius XM - by SpookyZalost - December 23rd, 2017 at 5:37 PM