Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average

[MyBB Plugin] Board Announcements Manager (For 1.6 and 1.8)

BAM/Board Announcements Manager is officially ready for MyBB 1.6 and MyBB 1.8 forums. BAM allows you to create and to manage announcements in your forum header without requiring edits to the templates, and uses a style for announcements that is similar to that of the MyBB official support forum. It also allows for features such as usergroup based permissions and random selection of announcements.

2/27/2020: Bam 2.0 update! New features:
  • Dismissable announcements!
  • Paste a link to specific pages to display your announcements. Most MyBB pages are fully supported! (Including SEO-friendly URLs built into MyBB. )
  • Global announcements are now handled on a per-announcement basis. You can also make announcements display on multiple pages, specific forums, and more.
  • Random mode redesigned and significantly improved.
  • Three new color styles, for a total of seven.
  • New jquery effects, style settings, and many polishes.
  • Activate or deactivate an announcement with only a single click.
  • Add new tags, variables, and directives for more features.
  • New tags to load announcements with a custom template, or only on specific themes and languages. (HTML is also supported in BAM 2.0)

1.0: Key Features:
  • Support for an unlimited number of header announcements, with reordering capabilities.
  • Four included color classes, with additional support for custom classes.
  • usergroup permission control by announcement.
  • Support for BBcode and emoticons in announcements.
  • Ability to optionally display the date posted on announcements.
  • Ability to display announcements globally.
  • Ability to parse the username if {$username} is placed in an announcement. (Parses to "Guest" if the user is not logged in. )
  • Optional random mode functionality.
  • Ability to turn announcement into a link.

Random mode
BAM includes an alternative mode that allows it to select announcements randomly instead of displaying all available announcements, similar to SMF style announcements. This feature is disabled by default, but can be enabled and configured in the plugin's configuration settings. You can also "pin" announcements, allowing them to display consistently, regardless of additional randomly selected announcements.

Global Announcements
By default, announcements only display on the forum index. BAM allows you to configure announcements to display globally across your forum if desired. BAM also has an advanced setting that allows you to define which page will be considered the "index" page, so if you rename index.php or use your portal page as the homepage, the announcements plugin can be configured to work properly under the changed file names/index pages for more advanced users.

Screenshots: These screenshots were taken on MyBB 1.6 forums, but the 1.8 version of this plugin is very similar. 

[Image: 9LZ9s.png]

[Image: p34et.png]

Deutsch (German) Translation: See this post courtesy of tc4me for German translation.

Licensing & Copyright:
  • This plugin is licensed under the GNU GPL, version 3.
  • You may not claim this plugin as your own work.
  • This plugin comes with no warranty. It has been tested and has no known issues, but it cannot be guaranteed to work perfectly on your forum. You are using this plugin at your own risk.
MyBB 1.6: Download BAM 1.6. This version is a very old version that is ONLY compatible with MyBB 1.6.x forums. It is exclusively available here. You cannot find the MyBB 1.6 version anywhere else!

MyBB 1.8.x Download BAM 2.0. This is the the official release for the latest version of BAM, and is the recommended release for download! 
If you would prefer to use the original BAM, I recommend downloading BAM 1.0 from here instead of the MyBB mod site version. I have a slightly updated version of BAM 1.0 here that has a fix for MySQL 8.x and PHP 7.3.x forums. You can also find the updated version on GitHub. The MyBB mod site version is unpatched from the original, and is thus not recommended for newer servers.

Attached Files
.zip   BAM 1.6.zip (Size: 11.82 KB / Downloads: 557)
.zip   BAM 1.0 - fixed.zip (Size: 25.6 KB / Downloads: 221)
.zip   BAM-2.0.zip (Size: 56.73 KB / Downloads: 261)

Messages In This Thread
[MyBB Plugin] Board Announcements Manager (For 1.6 and 1.8) - by Darth-Apple - August 19th, 2014 at 2:25 AM
RE: [MyBB Plugin] Board Announcements Manager (For 1.6 and 1.8) - by Guest - February 7th, 2015 at 8:20 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  why or by which plugin Mybb hacked? tc4me 8 3,835 February 19th, 2021 at 5:08 AM
Last Post: tc4me
  [MyBB Plugin] Average Profile Ratings Darth-Apple 8 5,402 October 22nd, 2020 at 6:41 AM
  Simple Reputation Bars [MyBB Plugin] Darth-Apple 7 4,338 October 22nd, 2020 at 4:25 AM
  MyBB Post Activity Plugin Guardian 8 5,588 May 3rd, 2020 at 7:36 PM