Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Online library of native language

I'm not from an English-centric society and most of India's literature comes from Sanskrit and its daughter languages. Most of India's mainstream languages have their books published and for sale online.

My native language, Assamese, isn't exactly mainstream as people call it, some even dare to call it a subscript of Bengali. (The hell?)

It has very little share of its literature for view online. If someone wants to look up an English book online, just f***ing google it. The same can't be said for Assamese.

Tech students have a lot of scope from this region, but they are either too caught up in their own ambitions or are too scattered to start up something. Nobody would take the initiative without backing first.

My idea is that I want to create a central platform, something of a Dictionary of Assamese books and Literature, where we can list as much books as possible, along with the option of e-commerce (possibly) and expert reviews, both in English and Assamese.

This idea wouldn't get far without proper backing and resources.

What do you think of this? Should I give a try on gathering up tech junkies and start or let it get sown without water?

Messages In This Thread
Online library of native language - by Electric2Shock - July 30th, 2014 at 6:50 AM
RE: Online library of native language - by Darth-Apple - July 30th, 2014 at 7:06 AM
RE: Online library of native language - by CapTon - July 30th, 2014 at 3:32 PM
RE: Online library of native language - by Electric2Shock - August 4th, 2014 at 2:36 PM