Poll: What is your opinion with regards to gun control today?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
There should be very strict gun control laws in place to protect the public
16.67%
1 16.67%
There should be some gun control laws in place, but the second amendment should still be upheld.
50.00%
3 50.00%
Restrictions against gun use of any kind are unconstitutional and should not be allowed.
33.33%
2 33.33%
Total 6 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Second Ammendment

I fully believe that the second amendment is a good thing and that it ought to be upheld, but if you are literally walking down the street in a public area with an open gun near a lot of families, you are going to cause some concern and should expect someone to question your behavior. Not only that, but when the police (who you ought to be working with to protect public safety) question you as to why you are carrying a large weapon in a family area, you're going to sound suspicious when your response is "I'm not answering any more of your questions" and "it's my right."

Don't get me wrong. I'm not necessarily arguing that open carry is a bad thing. There have been numerous studies that have shown that civilians can have a major effect reducing casualties during mass shootings, which shouldn't be surprising. My overall feeling is that banning guns would do nothing to prevent them from getting into the wrong hands, but would prevent them from getting into the hands of those who intend to protect the public. The police can't be everywhere at every time. However, that said, refusing to cooperate with the police when you are causing a genuine suspicion is asking for trouble and is flat out irresponsible towards the public in general.

Although this is no new debate, what is your overall opinion of guns and gun control today?

Messages In This Thread
Second Ammendment - by Darth-Apple - July 14th, 2014 at 3:25 PM
RE: Second Ammendment - by CapTon - July 14th, 2014 at 3:51 PM
RE: Second Ammendment - by Acko - July 16th, 2014 at 12:00 AM
RE: Second Ammendment - by Guardian - July 16th, 2014 at 1:43 AM
RE: Second Ammendment - by TRUE LIBERTY - July 23rd, 2014 at 7:38 PM