Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Your job

What do you do for a living?

I'm just a poor restaurant worker. (And no, I don't work at McDonalds. Tongue )

I'm just a bagger at a large retail place Tongue
[Image: wxBanner?bannertype=wu_clean2day_cond&ai...anguage=EN]
(April 20th, 2014 at 12:35 AM)TheDoc Wrote: I'm just a bagger at a large retail place Tongue

How is your new job going so far?

I work online, doing a multitude of different tasks. You have to work twice as hard to make decent money online, as you would if you were working an offline job. It is almost as though there is this consensus that says, Ok, you aren't leaving the house or meeting other people, so we are justified in paying you peanuts lol.
Right now l work as a part time hairdresser but l am trying to get into crafts, l love making things.
(April 22nd, 2014 at 10:58 AM)DreekLass Wrote: I work online, doing a multitude of different tasks. You have to work twice as hard to make decent money online, as you would if you were working an offline job. It is almost as though there is this consensus that says, Ok, you aren't leaving the house or meeting other people, so we are justified in paying you peanuts lol.

It's pretty hard to even really make minimum wage online. It's not a well paying industry nowadays. At least not yet. Tongue

Tech support for a government agency, a contractor, pay's nice, long hours overnight, but I don't mind it.
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
[Image: 5.jpg]
I now work for a different retail place as a front end supervisor. It's quite stressful but it pays good enough to make it worthwhile.
[Image: wxBanner?bannertype=wu_clean2day_cond&ai...anguage=EN]
I do cyber security.
(June 21st, 2017 at 9:15 PM)Guardian Wrote: I do cyber security.

Neat. What's involved in cyber security? 

I work in landscaping in the Hot florida
sun Smile
(June 21st, 2017 at 9:15 PM)Guardian Wrote: I do cyber security.

I'm working my way up to that lol Tongue
(June 21st, 2017 at 9:59 PM)Hans Squeaky Wrote: Neat. What's involved in cyber security? 
A lot of nonsense. Tongue Really just trying to stay ahead of the 'threats' that are out there. Make sure your systems are patched, hardened, etc. Respond to incidents of compromise. Documentation. Depends on the role of the tech.

(June 21st, 2017 at 11:32 PM)brian51 Wrote: I work in landscaping in the Hot florida sun Smile
Sometimes, I really miss it. Undecided

(June 22nd, 2017 at 4:55 AM)SpookyZalost Wrote: I'm working my way up to that lol Tongue

There are plenty of opportunities! Money to be made. Cool
sure but opportunities are echoes on the wind if you don't have the paper they require to get them Undecided
(July 1st, 2017 at 6:42 AM)SpookyZalost Wrote: sure but opportunities are echoes on the wind if you don't have the paper they require to get them Undecided

True. I don't meet half the 'requirements' for the jobs I've had, just made it work somehow. Specifically a bachelor's degree. I refuse to pay that much for a piece of paper. I let my work speak for itself. 

Been lucky so far. Your area really factors in if you're able to get away with some of it. 
and that's why I'm going for certifications, it's cheaper and can get you a long ways without college... besides if I'm going to waste college on something I want it to be space related, like astrobiology or something cool like that.
You can get a lot with certifications these days indeed. Waste a lot less time and a lot less money. Tongue

Yep, got the cert, no degree. I am doing just fine.