Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

[Official] Makestation Community Milestones

(June 12th, 2018 at 7:40 AM)Harry K. Wrote:
(June 12th, 2018 at 1:48 AM)Guardian Wrote:
(June 11th, 2018 at 11:32 PM)SpookyZalost Wrote: Seriously though who doesn't know how to plug a power cable into the wall?

Children. That's who.

Some of the most well-paid people are the biggest idiots too.  Confused

I have to second that one Tongue

I third that one lol, some of the calls I've gotten from CEO's and stuff when I was doing freelance on site stuff... man
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
[Image: 5.jpg]
(June 12th, 2018 at 11:06 AM)SpookyZalost Wrote:
(June 12th, 2018 at 7:40 AM)Harry K. Wrote:
(June 12th, 2018 at 1:48 AM)Guardian Wrote:
(June 11th, 2018 at 11:32 PM)SpookyZalost Wrote: Seriously though who doesn't know how to plug a power cable into the wall?

Children. That's who.

Some of the most well-paid people are the biggest idiots too.  Confused

I have to second that one Tongue

I third that one lol, some of the calls I've gotten from CEO's and stuff when I was doing freelance on site stuff... man

Ha! You're telling me! I had a customer(Director of Construction company) genuinely ask me why I can't leave the "lorem ipsum" placeholder text on his home page.. Like seriously, the guy were too lazy to write a few lines about his own company and the services he provides that he asked me if I could keep the text there and put the website live anyway, asif his potential customers wont care that under "About our company" it says: "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Aliquam sapien massa". Rolleyes Eventually I got a couple of lines off the guy and re-wrote them in proper English and added some "filler" words to make it fit...
[Image: forumonic-bar.png]...............[Image: xige-logo-png-blue-sml.png]
Latest snapshots: Postbit Design - Multi Login Modal (1) - Responsive Pollbar
(June 12th, 2018 at 4:57 PM)Harry K. Wrote: ...ask me why I can't leave the "lorem ipsum" placeholder text on his home page

My jaw literally dropped open... Huh
(June 12th, 2018 at 11:11 PM)Guardian Wrote:
(June 12th, 2018 at 4:57 PM)Harry K. Wrote: ...ask me why I can't leave the "lorem ipsum" placeholder text on his home page

My jaw literally dropped open...  Huh

I know right? Like seriously, them lorem ipsums are great selling points ukno. Shy
(June 13th, 2018 at 7:58 AM)Harry K. Wrote: I know right? Like seriously, them lorem ipsums are great selling points ukno.  Shy

I mean... It just SOUNDS smart right!? It's a no-brainer!
I literally saw a hosting company that forgot to take those down one time. I forget the link and to be honest I can't imagine it was even remotely popular. But this was a real a** hosting service. Not sure I trust it... Finna

(June 14th, 2018 at 2:12 AM)Darth-Apple Wrote: I literally saw a hosting company that forgot to take those down one time. I forget the link and to be honest I can't imagine it was even remotely popular. But this was a real a** hosting service. Not sure I trust it... Finna

https://community.mybb.com/thread-216913...pid1301615
Rolleyes Shy
(June 14th, 2018 at 9:57 AM)Harry K. Wrote:
(June 14th, 2018 at 2:12 AM)Darth-Apple Wrote: I literally saw a hosting company that forgot to take those down one time. I forget the link and to be honest I can't imagine it was even remotely popular. But this was a real a** hosting service. Not sure I trust it... Finna

https://community.mybb.com/thread-216913...pid1301615
Rolleyes  Shy

Well he got hostile...  Tongue Tongue
He did ha. I could have sworn that there were a lipsum section on his home page that he removed before replying in that tone - which makes it worse. But I'm not sad enough to have screen shotted and saved for that purpose. Tongue

In all honesty, I have absolutely nothing against pre-made themes being used by companies(companies? I say that in vein) like that, but put a little effort into it at least. That's just pure lazy, and removing the contact page wtf?

I build a lot of my sites with lipsum and placeholder content, If I were advertising a site and I had forgotten to replace a section I'd be glad if someone pointed it out! Tongue
Makes you wonder... why put for any effort if you're not going to do it right. Imagine how their service must be. Undecided
(May 13th, 2018 at 1:58 AM)Guardian Wrote: Easy: 13k
Medium: 14k
Hard: 15k

Easy, was indeed easy.

We're now nearing the Medium goal! 

The Hard goal may not be really hard after all!  Cool
We have officially surpassed 14K posts! 15K is very near and we should very easily be able to get through during the middle of next month!

Great work everyone! Cool

14k, very nice!

Not as nice as 15k! We got this!
ya 15 k is going to be a major mile stone for us !
Sports fanatic
1 month to get 350 posts to hit 15k. It's still possible.

Think we can do it guys? Cool
geebus, that's awesome guys!
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
[Image: 5.jpg]
We may end up just under 200 shy of the main goal, but it was a great year for Makestation!
(December 26th, 2018 at 10:39 PM)Guardian Wrote: We may end up just under 200 shy of the main goal, but it was a great year for Makestation!

We still have a few days! Even if we don't make it, it's a great goal to kick off the new year with! Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Member Milestones simlink 3 8,079 October 18th, 2013 at 6:33 PM
Last Post: Darth-Apple