Poll: Do you honor speed limits?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I'm a slow driver
8.33%
1 8.33%
I stick to the speed limit
25.00%
3 25.00%
I go about 5 over regularly
41.67%
5 41.67%
I'll easily hit 10-15 over regularly
25.00%
3 25.00%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Speed limits

(June 22nd, 2020 at 5:03 AM)Darth-Apple Wrote: Speed limits are good urban areas. If there is a road with houses, schools, and kids on it, 35 is a reasonable limit.

In our school zones, hospital areas, and that of high-pedestrian activity, it's 40kph (just shy of 25mph). Works for us.
(June 22nd, 2020 at 6:20 AM)tc4me Wrote: Prohibiting speeding on highways is a bit nonsensical. What was the highway built for? to drive slowly from a to b? Huh

I don't know how it is there but here the highways are supposed to be more efficient pathways between urban areas, or at least that's how they are treated. Personally I like the Autobahn model of different speed limits for different lanes. Unfortunately most drivers in America aren't responsible enough to handle something more complex... If the left lane was legally +10mph, people would say it's not fast enough and go faster.

It's why I drive a Jeep when possible, because I do not trust my fellow drivers not to be entitled, disrespectful and crazy. Road rage is getting worse too.... There's been highway shootings in recent years because somebody wasn't going fast enough.
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
[Image: 5.jpg]
Ok, thank God we don't have the problem with violence. We don't have firearms like yours. With us driving is still freedom, if it is allowed, drive as fast as you want and can. Of course there are also the left-hand drivers here, unfortunately ..

[Image: autism4all.png]
[x] <= Drive in nail here for new display!
(June 22nd, 2020 at 6:20 AM)tc4me Wrote: Prohibiting speeding on highways is a bit nonsensical. What was the highway built for? to drive slowly from a to b? Huh

Yeah... its a bit ridiculous. Most localities use it for revenue-generation more-so than public safety.