Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

IndiePort announces the IndiePort Market

INDIANAPOLIS, IND. - IndiePort, a newly established software firm based in Indianapolis, Indiana, USA, announced they will be starting a software download portal exclusively for independent software, announced Tuesday. The market will be called IndiePort Market and will have a mid-strict publishing application policy.

The policy consists of whether the software has any inappropriate content, and if the whole family could use the software or if it's only appropriate for teenagers. While the company is a Christian company, the Market will have only software that is considered "appropriate" for either the whole family, while keeping a Christian view in the review, or if it's suitable only for teenagers and older.

Each publisher will only have to pay a minimal amount of their sales to IndiePort, which will start at 20% or lower. Payment for software bought off the Market will be PayPal-only at launch with credit card processing through Google Wallet will come soon.

Beta testing sign-ups for the service will be taken starting June 8th.
I like the concept, and it seems like the project is pretty well thought out. Do you have anyone who is already willing to contribute to the project by adding content?

Keep us updated Big Grin

(May 28th, 2013 at 4:35 PM)Darth-Apple link Wrote: I like the concept, and it seems like the project is pretty well thought out. Do you have anyone who is already willing to contribute to the project by adding content?

Keep us updated Big Grin

Not yet. I am still looking for hosting, I put a call into a datacenter in Dallas and they'd say they'd contact some of their customers to see if they could hold the site. I've gotten one call so far and it looks good. I'm gonna wait until I get 2 or 3 more calls and have a few offers to go around.
Sounds like you have some decent options to choose from then. Good luck with the project Big Grin

Good luck with the project, looks like it could be something cool. Smile
[Image: 3GnR8g1.jpg]