Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

A new portal?

Makestation is nearing 5,000 posts, and I figured it'd be a time to bring in some new features. A few things have already been confirmed, and I was thinking about potentially bringing on a portal as the homepage and having something much better designed as well. Also, we'd have a much more advanced "spotlight of the day" on the portal, and perhaps some other new community-based features as well. The goal is to make the portal as useful as possible.

What are your thoughts/ideas for the portal?

I think implementing a Portal would be a pretty good idea, but I hope that threads that are given "spotlight" change frequently so content doesn't get old.
I agree with Atlas, especially with the spotlight.
I mod Paradox games. Click here to see my many adventures in doing that.

"Join the Army, see the world, meet interesting people - and kill them"
Thanks for the feedback!

(September 23rd, 2013 at 6:34 PM)AtlasWest Wrote: I think implementing a Portal would be a pretty good idea, but I hope that threads that are given "spotlight" change frequently so content doesn't get old.

I agree, that will definitely be a priority. We actually have a custom plugin here on the forums that randomly selects a "spotlight" daily from a list in the database to use, so we'll definitely be able to keep content fresh.

Everything sounds great. Go for it.
Ban reason: - (Permanent)