Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Show us your desktop!

Tongue right?! lol, I basically had to take dosbox, and load a partial dos install inside it with files from old dos floppy discs, then install 3.1 in that.
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
[Image: 5.jpg]
ok update, been tinkering with POP!_OS, and getting SC3KU working with higher than 640x480 rez, that's 800x600 there, still trying to figure out 1024x768 but I'm getting closer.

here's SC3KU in linux natively on my desktop, it works great!

[Image: wLqIvPh.png]
Looking good Spooky!
Thanks, I'm still tinkering with the theming, but I want to go with a purple themed tone this time with a dark base.

I'll figure it out over the next while.

also figuring out how to rip out pulse audio in favor of OSS4 for mass compatibility...

even if it means installing a dedicated audio card, but I've not figured that out yet either, I'm testing it with another distro on a flash drive before implementing it on my main install.
so in my ever growing experiment to get these old games working I've tried out a different window manager.

[Image: jbEwVqx.png]

I actually like it better...

figured out the sound problem too, it's a 64bit incompatibility problem :\
so I'll need to install a 32bit linux on another drive to run the old games without issues... but other than that.
[Image: xdVKl7L.png]

I need to edit my Fences to match it better, but otherwise I like it.
Here's my desktop:
[Image: o9c2lLV.jpg]
They are BTS the biggest K-Pop group in the world for anyone who doesn't know. My favorite member is Kim Tae-hyung aka V who is the one on left hand side of picture sitting on the arm of couch with the black curly hair.
[Image: qg8LLVv.jpg]
^Banner made by me^
[Image: esqcp0.png]
[Image: userbar2.png]
2018 Makestation Member of the Year
July 2020 Makestation Member of the Month
December 2020 Makestation Member of the Month
2019 Makestation Member of the Year Nominee

[Image: autism4all.png]
[x] <= Drive in nail here for new display!
Desktops are just the default wallpaper.

Currently rocking this on the iPad(s) tho.

[Image: Sb6o2YP.jpg]
Looking very nice @s3_gunzel. Love it.

This is my Mobile's current interface

The background is both animated and changes perspective when I turn my phone.

[Image: 8WJTXqol.png]
[Image: XYJi3n5.jpg]
[Image: qg8LLVv.jpg]
^Banner made by me^
Pretty much how most my desktops look. Usually use the same wallpaper. The drawing was done by a friend of my characters, which I made into the wallpaper.:

[Image: Laptop.png]
Dook, dook, dook!

[Image: Caludin.gif]
Very nice @Megan! Love that it's a mac. Is it one of the pre-retina era models? Mine is a 2012 13-inch.

(July 12th, 2020 at 8:13 PM)Darth-Apple Wrote: Very nice @Megan! Love that it's a mac. Is it one of the pre-retina era models? Mine is a 2012 13-inch.

Honestly don't remember the year. XD MacBook Air that my dad recently inherited since I got a new one. Love Macs myself though in high school used to hate em. Also have a HP laptop which has the same background.
Dook, dook, dook!

(July 12th, 2020 at 6:44 PM)Megan Wrote: Pretty much how most my desktops look. Usually use the same wallpaper. The drawing was done by a friend of my characters, which I made into the wallpaper.:
snip

Who are kyle, jake, and tom?
[Image: userbar2.png]
2018 Makestation Member of the Year
July 2020 Makestation Member of the Month
December 2020 Makestation Member of the Month
2019 Makestation Member of the Year Nominee
(July 13th, 2020 at 1:29 AM)Thomas Wrote:
(July 12th, 2020 at 6:44 PM)Megan Wrote: Pretty much how most my desktops look. Usually use the same wallpaper. The drawing was done by a friend of my characters, which I made into the wallpaper.:
snip
Some characters of mine. For stories I want to write and I use them in role plays.
Who are kyle, jake, and tom?
Dook, dook, dook!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Show us your "desktop" [mobile edition!] Darth-Apple 14 15,002 February 22nd, 2019 at 9:45 PM
Last Post: SpookyZalost
  Microsoft Managed Desktop, is M$ trying to control your PC? SpookyZalost 9 10,144 August 9th, 2018 at 6:30 AM
Last Post: SpookyZalost