Poll: What is your web browser preference?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Internet explorer
0%
0 0%
Firefox
50.00%
3 50.00%
Chrome
16.67%
1 16.67%
Opera
16.67%
1 16.67%
Konqueror
0%
0 0%
Safari
0%
0 0%
Other
16.67%
1 16.67%
Total 6 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Web browser preference

Exactly. I actually am rooting for IE to improve. It is the web browser I have used the most. I have used it since our first PC, back when it was THE browser for PCs. I only recently (past few years) switched ot chrome. The reason I did was I wanted something less cluttered for my tiny netbook screen. After some horrible crashes I don`t use it anymore. Tongue
[Image: 3GnR8g1.jpg]
Netbook screens are not much fun to work with. They are pretty nice though. I've used them before, and the portability is great. Big Grin

I use Chrome on my desktop of course. I'd probably use a very lightweight browser for a laptop Tongue
[Image: wxBanner?bannertype=wu_clean2day_cond&ai...anguage=EN]
Chrome isn't lightweight? Tongue

It is, but I'm talking something even more lightweight Tongue
The portability is great, but mine had a motherboard crash. So I moved it and it blue screened. It also would turn on in my bag and overheat and drain the battery. :/
Motherboard crash? Those are the worst...

Motherboard crashes are terrible. Remove the RAM, remove the CPU, unplug everything, buy thermal grease, put CPU back on, put RAM back in, plug everything back in. And if you get a new MB you'll likely have to get a new CPU, too.

What fun. Tongue
Plus OEM installs of Windows are tied to the motherboard, meaning you have to replace Windows with the motherboard... Not fun.

It was under warranty do thankfully HP replaced it. I did lose everything, however.
You actually got the warranty to replace it for you?
That saves a lot of money for sure. I never had so much luck with my warranties. Tongue

Yep, because it was a defect. It came lose, essentially and fell apart on itself. So they replaced it.
Ah
Motherboard coming loose? I always thought those things had too many screws. I suppose that's not always the case. Tongue

I suppose not. Tongue I had to reinstall everything. For a while after it came back from the factory I ended up using IE for a while. I was lazy and didn't reinstall Chrome right away. Tongue
Wow, that really sucks. At least you didn't have to pay for anything.

Well I had a hard drive failure! I lost tons of SC4 data (too big for me to back up :/) but I got it under warranty. Expecting it to come tomorrow!
Err what do I put here?<br /><br />I like Minecraft? I play Minecraft? <br />I play Sim City 4? I play Sim City 4?<br />I also don't like democracy! Wink
I've had a few hard drives fail before, but only once did it have data that I really cared about. Thankfully I caught it soon enough to get my important data off in a mostly-intact form. (Although Windows itself was a mess. ) It's never fun to deal with that stuff.

(May 23rd, 2013 at 3:36 PM)Darth-Apple Wrote: I think many computer nerds are beyond thankful that internet explorer isn't the only option for web browsers out there. I personally use Firefox. What's your preference? Be sure to vote in the poll!

I stopped using FireFox the moment I tried FireFox version 4. It was buggy as... yeah. It crashed a lot on my ol' dual-core Windows Vista desktop. There was a time I wrote up a long post at a forum, and BAM. Everything was lost. I didn't re-write the post after that, heh.

Now I'm using Google Chrome and I'm happy I made the switch. Google Chrome is a lot faster than FireFox. You can also transfer all of the saved bookmarks from FireFox, to Chrome. Oh, let's not forget about the toolbars. It doesn't consume half of your screen like FireFox, Tongue

(May 25th, 2013 at 12:20 AM)Darth-Apple Wrote: I honestly don't understand why anyone even uses IE at all.

IE10 isn't all bad. IE6 is another story. Oh boy, don't let me get started. But hey, I still use Internet Explorer to test what my web pages look like. You know how people want to see what their website looks like in mostly every popular web browser. Yeah, something like that. The fact is, there are people who still use Internet Explorer, and I don't want my web pages looking horrible if they actually do stumble across my website(s).

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Brave Browser Darth-Apple 3 1,636 December 27th, 2022 at 5:42 PM
Last Post: tc4me
  Microsoft claims Edge is now ‘the best performing browser on Windows 10’ tc4me 3 1,662 May 29th, 2021 at 4:36 PM
Last Post: SpookyZalost