Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Origin of your username

I have a few usernames, though I've started using this one as my professional one. It's just my name - nothing special. The others are a little more interesting.

"The Sentinel" - I use this one on several metaphysics/spirituality boards I frequent, and it is indicative of what I see myself as. I kind of view myself as a protector or guardian.

"Archimedes" - This was a character I played a LOT for a long time, and it kind of stuck.
It came from "Abele". I felt as though Abele looked too manly, so I simply changed it to "Abelle". Unfortunately, many sites and games would tell me that name was already in use. Eventually I ended up changing it to "Ebelle". I thought it looked and sounded better. It also reminds me of the name Isabelle. It's quite pretty, in my own opinion.
It's my name
[Image: userbar2.png]
2018 Makestation Member of the Year
July 2020 Makestation Member of the Month
December 2020 Makestation Member of the Month
2019 Makestation Member of the Year Nominee
I wanted to deviate from my usual usernames so I decided upon this one. My favorite TV series is Sabrina the Teenage Witch and that's the nickname that Harvey gives her.
It's from the pokemon Alakazam, cause I really like his abilities, and I have been using this username online for several years. Alakazam is a pokemon with a very high IQ and with telekinetic powers, and I've always wanted telekinesis to be real...
[Image: mrnc7tt5xg8n7y494418.jpg]
I started playing Total Annihilation back in '98, and always played as the ARM. My favorite strategy was making an impenetrable defense before I went on the offense. I did that by building tons of Defenders (quick firing rocket battery) and Guardians (slower firing artillery gun). Both go perfectly in line with my career path. I was a US Marine for 9 years, and my current job is Cyber Security. So, either one would have been a perfect choice in a description of me personally. Then I just went with Guardian because it sounded better to me. Tongue
It’s my name, believe it or not Tongue
[Image: sig1.png]
It's not my name
[Image: userbar2.png]
2018 Makestation Member of the Year
July 2020 Makestation Member of the Month
December 2020 Makestation Member of the Month
2019 Makestation Member of the Year Nominee
I've always sort of idolized mad scientists tesla being my hero and all but believe it or not my username came from curage the cowardly dog.

one of the best episodes ever was called the tower of Doctor Zalost featuring a mad scientist in a mechanized tower walker tread thing firing semi-corporeal cannonballs that make people depressed.

the whole episode is a story of redemption and the power of love/kindness over depression and evil but the soundtrack... man that soundtrack... hold on.

early 00's cartoon network... sigh, my youth -_-
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
[Image: 5.jpg]
VSS is a name that was derived from a video game i played on the ps2... it was called conflict desert storm ll. the vss was a sniper rifle.
(June 11th, 2018 at 3:36 PM)VSS Wrote: VSS is a name that was derived from a video game i played on the ps2... it was called conflict desert storm ll. the vss was a sniper rifle.

I had that game! My computer at the time wouldn't play it though. Tongue

So had it, never experienced it.  Undecided
(June 11th, 2018 at 10:18 PM)Guardian Wrote:
(June 11th, 2018 at 3:36 PM)VSS Wrote: VSS is a name that was derived from a video game i played on the ps2... it was called conflict desert storm ll. the vss was a sniper rifle.

I'll have to check it out, ive got my pay hooked up with component cables  Big Grin
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
[Image: 5.jpg]
My name is my name, but a lot of you know me by Xige Time, before I started foruming I played a lot of Call of Duty and were in a clan called "Xige" my gamertag was Xige Time and well it just stuck.. People in school even sometimes called me Xige ;P
[Image: forumonic-bar.png]...............[Image: xige-logo-png-blue-sml.png]
Latest snapshots: Postbit Design - Multi Login Modal (1) - Responsive Pollbar
(June 11th, 2018 at 10:18 PM)Guardian Wrote:

too bad that series never made a comeback for the ps4
My username is my favorite song by Kim Tae-hyung aka V from BTS who are my favorite boy group right now. V released the song back in August of 2019 and it's completely in English. I was so proud of him do that since English isn't his first language because it's a big accomplishment. The title sound so cool than I decided to use as my username on forums and I add the two little bear icons on either side to make look even more unique.
[Image: qg8LLVv.jpg]
^Banner made by me^
My username is my favorite berry, which grows wild in a town not far from me during temperate seasons. I changed to this during high school, when my therapist said I had to stop using my original handle (little) because it was causing my self esteem to plummet further.
Mine comes from a book series I've read and enjoyed. There are two female characters in the series that I happen to like but I couldn't choose between them so I just added them both into my username. So that's where "JennyorAlice" came from. It's just both their names with an "or" in the middle.
I roleplay off and on from time to time and this is my original character's name. She is the sister to Sam and Dean Winchester(if they had one).
[Image: wJQ6N5d.gif]
Set made by me!  [Image: tgnF3i3.gif]