Poll: Your opinion of Ubuntu's development
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I love the progression of Ubuntu's development
100.00%
1 100.00%
I like the overall changes and their direction, but have some critisisms
0%
0 0%
I'm neutral
0%
0 0%
I don't care for the changes
0%
0 0%
I really dislike the recent developments
0%
0 0%
Total 1 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

General Direction of Ubuntu [poll]

Needless to say, Ubuntu has changed quite a lot over the past few years, especially since the launch of Unity. Ubuntu, once a favorite among many linux distributions, has received much new criticism. At the same time, it remains the most popular linux distribution with a rapidly growing user base. What does this mean for the future of the distribution?

Personally, I feel that Ubuntu will continue to grow, but I am keeping my eyes out for alternatives. While the rather short support cycle of Fedora isn't the most comfortable thing ever, pretty much everything else about Fedora is much better than that of Ubuntu, and it is a much cleaner, better distribution overall. Many other distributions are rising up as well.

What are your thoughts?

It's possible with some tweaking to install something other than Unity as your DE... but I'd rather just not mess with it. It's become quite unstable, slow, and unresponsive if you ask me.
[Image: wxBanner?bannertype=wu_clean2day_cond&ai...anguage=EN]
I agree 100%. It's not really worth bothering with at this point. I plan on reinstalling Linux on my machine as soon as I get the chance, actually. Ubuntu isn't really cutting it for me anymore.

My opinion:

Ubuntu = good for servers.
Ubuntu as a desktop = good until recent versions.

Plain and simple.
Well said. The more recent version of Ubuntu haven't really been as good as they have been in the past.

The old versions were fantastic, yes. Unity and Gnome 3 ruined it, sadly.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Installing Ubuntu on an Intel Mac Darth-Apple 4 1,894 February 13th, 2023 at 6:09 PM
Last Post: tc4me
  Debian vs Ubuntu... Darth-Apple 42 18,716 December 25th, 2020 at 5:50 PM
Last Post: SpookyZalost
  Ubuntu/Unity - Take 2 Darth-Apple 2 6,399 June 28th, 2014 at 1:03 AM
Last Post: Darth-Apple
  Ubuntu searches apparently being sent to third parties Darth-Apple 6 9,938 January 30th, 2014 at 2:56 AM
Last Post: Acko