Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

[Fiction] The History of Makestation

Welcome to the history of Makestation. This "history" is not meant to represent the history of Makestation in a completely accurate way, rather as a satire of the real history by spicing it up to look like real history. References to OTL history are marked with a "pseudo-superscript", or something like below:
Quote:The area now known as Makestation(^1)
So here we go, with...
PART ONE - CONQUEST (1248)
The area now known as Makestation(^1) was previously inhabited by pagan Creatic(^2) tribes. However, in Spring 1248, King Blake of Simmania(^3), with an entire demesne's worth of an army, began the 'Crusade of Creatia(^4)' and pushed hard into this area, eventually conquering the entire coast after only a mere month. Following this successful expedition, he proclaimed himself 'Grand Duke of Makestation(^5)'. In the beginning, Makestation was very centralized for a feudal realm, being under the jurisdiction of one ruler and under one title. However, in July, the burden of ruling the pagans was simply too much for the Grand Duke, so he decided to grant the title 'Grand Duke of Makestation' to Link, a powerful noble of Simmania.

References to OTL history:
1: OTL Sweden
2: OTL Finns
3: OTL King of Simmania
4: OTL Second Swedish Crusade
5: Grand Duke of Finland

References to actual Makestation history (Incomplete ATM):
Link, in reality a Moderator, was given this status in early July, after a camping trip of Blake's. This is represented here by simply just giving him the title Grand Duke.

Maps coming soon!
I mod Paradox games. Click here to see my many adventures in doing that.

"Join the Army, see the world, meet interesting people - and kill them"
LOL, this is hilarious.

+rep Big Grin

The Official History of Makestation - Part One - Rewrite

Rewrite already?!?!?!?!?!!?

1613 saw the first Simmanian expedition to North America. A crew of approximately six hundred men, aboard two ships, set sail from the port of Chandler. Eventually, the small fleet reached the Delaware Peninsula, and after two years of harsh winters, proclaimed the Town of New Chandler, inside the Colony of Makestation.

The colony would prove to be a success, as people from all over Simmania would come here looking for a new life. This growth was not exclusive to Simmanians, however; In the course of five years, over 4400 people from around Europe would settle in this peasant haven. The colonists soon adopted their own adjective, naming themselves the 'Creators'

There you have it, guys. A rewrite of this "history" that actually makes sense Tongue. Comment away, I cherish your lovely comments Tongue.

We haven't stolen Simmanians. It's only a dual citizenship. Tongue

Nah, the point was that Simmania colonized the place. No dual citizenship for colonists, so I decided to just make it populated with less fortunate Simmanians Tongue

Haha, nice Tongue

Anyways, I'm thinking about doing an update every M-W-F. So tomorrow and update, then you'll have to wait another day Tongue

Nice! Big Grin

Hmm, interesting perspective on things Tongue
(September 9th, 2013 at 2:13 AM)cheesesc4 Wrote: Hmm, interesting perspective on things Tongue

Ditto

Haha, awesome history. Love the satire in it! +rep for sure. Big Grin
[Image: 3GnR8g1.jpg]
Part Two - The Rest of Europe

While I wait for important events to happen, I guess I will tell you guys about the rest of Europe...

SCANDINAVIA
Scandinavia is currently divided between Simmania (Sweden) and Simopsis (Denmark). In addition to this, Simopsis is the leader of a personal union with Cheesia (Norway), often just called Simopsis-Cheesia.

GERMANY
Currently, the Holy Roman Empire is dominated by the Archduchy of Aconia (Austria).

GAUL
As of now, Gaul is divided between Simtropolis (France) and SimPeg (Brittany)

Iberia
SC4D (Spain) and Portugal are currently unified under the Iberian Union.

These are all references to SC4 sites, if you were confused Tongue

I'm sure people who didn't come from SM are going to be confused by that. Tongue Just saying. Wink

Anyway, nice update! Interesting prospective on things. Tongue

(September 9th, 2013 at 10:57 PM)Darth-Apple Wrote: I'm sure people who didn't come from SM are going to be confused by that. Tongue Just saying. Wink

Anyway, nice update! Interesting prospective on things. Tongue

Yeah, that's why I put that fine print at the bottom Tongue

This is great! Looking forward to part 3! Big Grin
Chapter III - Economy
In about 1620, the success of the colony had prompted the Simmania to introduce a new colonial currency, named the 'Moneda'. With this currency brought the first ever banknotes of Europe, imperfectly cut paper with a small painting of Viceroy Blake, and the motto 'Deus Es Norbis' (God with us) inscribed on them. This system proved to be beneficial, as it indeed succeeded its initial goal of promoting trading and production throughout the colony, which would help to make Simmania Europe's most productive war machine.

However, in 1630, the viceroy was informed of a potential hole in the system. He immediately demanded the end of all trade throughout the colony, and almost overnight did the world's most productive colony crash. However, it was soon proven that this was a ploy by Simmania's enemies to stop the production machine that was Makestation, which they ultimately succeeded in. By 1632 however, the system was reintroduced and trade went as normal.

In 1635, the colony reached a grandiose population of 20,000 inhabitants. A great milestone, a huge feast was held to commemorate the event.

The end (for now Tongue)

Haha that's a very interesting rendition of what happened. Tongue

Nice update. Big Grin

Update for 2020. Let's keep this going.

In 2020, we were invaded by the ghost of Simmania, Icyboards, and Promotionzone. These spirits haunted the very boards, hallways, and threads of Makestation. You could even hear them scream, if you were lucky enough to have sensitive ears. Luckily, the ghost only wanted one thing. These spirts haunted Makestation to see the key of the master spirit found. Once this key was found, these spirits would no longer haunt these threads.

This key was found sometime in April of this year. It is unsure what key was found, but we have since been blessed with activity, growth, and good luck. The spirits now guard these forums. However, we had one true guardian spirit, who is believed to be Guardian himself in decoy form. No matter the terrors that come upon our forum, Guardian protects us all.

The spirits of Makestation now protect, cherish, and grow us. We are no longer a barbian colony, but a peaceful democracy. As told by the prophesy, we have five years of blessings to be shared ahead. Smile

Long live Makestation, long live the kingdom. May the spirits protect us all.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fiction vs Nonfiction Darth-Apple 14 17,646 June 12th, 2020 at 7:13 PM
Last Post: Guardian
  [fiction]Do you enjoy writing short stories? Darth-Apple 15 21,549 February 3rd, 2020 at 9:36 PM
Last Post: Juneberry
  Have you written a non fiction book? bench91 2 9,846 April 26th, 2014 at 1:40 AM
Last Post: EHPrybylski