Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Slicon - A free theme

Hello everyone!
I am rather new to web design. I learned HTML & CSS about a year ago or a little more. I didn't really find a use for my knowledge until I found out about mybb! I created my first theme which I've decided not to publish because I felt like it wasn't good enough. Slicon is my second completed theme. It took me several days to complete it, about a week or so. Previews:
Index: http://prntscr.com/1oihmq
Footer: http://prntscr.com/1oihph

What I've done so far:
- Made forum icons.
- Designed and coded most parts of the theme. (Index,forum display,show thread etc..)
- Made CSS/HTML buttons.
- Made CSS/HTML logo.
- Fix bugs.
- Link the copyright somewhere.
What's left to do:
- Complete Show thread.
- Complete profiles.
- Test the theme on all major browsers and several devices.

Any feedback/suggestions, thoughts or concerns about the theme are highly appreciated!
Regards, Damian B.
It's looking great so far! I like the feel of it. Big Grin

Thank you! Any suggestions?
The main thing that I noticed was that the header area still felt like it was missing something. Not really sure why, but it feels like something "extra" is needed up there so that it still looks clean and professional, but feels a little less plain.

In all honesty, that's the only thing I really notice. The theme looks great. Big Grin

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll look into it!
I think a search bar could do the trick for what Darth is talking about. Smile
[Image: 3GnR8g1.jpg]
That's exactly what I thought too. Tongue
Love the theme, keep up the great work Damian.

Changing your mind about the current theme you're making and turning it into a dark.. So indecisive. Tongue
Thanks! Big Grin
I think I'm going to release that theme, tomorrow!
Nice! Looking forward to it. Big Grin

Looking forward to the release! Big Grin
Wow, this is nice! I especially love the color scheme.
I mod Paradox games. Click here to see my many adventures in doing that.

"Join the Army, see the world, meet interesting people - and kill them"
Want to see his work done? Check out my forums, he made an amazing theme for me!
[Image: 2z4zes7.jpg]
Sadly I wasn't able to release it yet due to a minor jquery issue which I want to fix first.
Hey that's a really nice theme! Is this for MyBB?

I like the use of the black bar, with subtle blue features around. Good use of white text to contrast the darker colors, and the custom icons look great!
(September 20th, 2013 at 5:15 PM)AtlasWest Wrote: Hey that's a really nice theme! Is this for MyBB?

I like the use of the black bar, with subtle blue features around. Good use of white text to contrast the darker colors, and the custom icons look great!
Hey there! Thank you. It is for mybb but hasn't been released yet. Hopefully it will be released soon. Smile
Very cool to hear that it runs on MyBB. I have to say that MyBB could really use some more nice themes like yours. Also, thanks for offering to provide your theme for free to the community!
I agree, MyBB could use some good themes. Looking forward to the release! Big Grin