Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

The Political Compass

rofl XD
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
[Image: 5.jpg]
[Image: chart?ec=-3.88&soc=-5.18]

I'm a filthy liberal.

This question genuinely stumped me: "A significant advantage of a one-party state is that it avoids all the arguments that delay progress in a democratic political system. "
I guess I strongly agree with it, because it's a true statement. That is a significant advantage of a one-party state. I'd never ever want to live in a one-party state though. It is undetectable that the best form of government is a benevolent dictatorship / benevolent monarchy.
[Image: userbar2.png]
2018 Makestation Member of the Year
July 2020 Makestation Member of the Month
December 2020 Makestation Member of the Month
2019 Makestation Member of the Year Nominee
(February 26th, 2019 at 12:46 AM)Thomas Wrote: I'm a filthy liberal.

This question genuinely stumped me: "A significant advantage of a one-party state is that it avoids all the arguments that delay progress in a democratic political system. "
I guess I strongly agree with it, because it's a true statement. That is a significant advantage of a one-party state. I'd never ever want to live in a one-party state though. It is undetectable that the best form of government is a benevolent dictatorship / benevolent monarchy.

More Libertarian to me!  Cool

Yeah, that question's... off. I thought the same thing. It is an advantage for those in power, but not for the people being ruled, so I hit strongly disagree.
*I meant undebatable, idk why I wrote "undetectable".
It could be an advantage for the people though. There have been lots of great dictators throughout history, who are loved by their people. Napoleon and Caesar spring to mind. Benevolent dictatorship is way better than democracy, the only issue is making sure that the dictator is always benevolent.
Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

They never last. Case in point, they were only a single generation, and both had backstabbers aplenty.
THomas.

so a benevolent dictator ship by an AI who only wants what's best for those under it?
(February 26th, 2019 at 3:17 AM)SpookyZalost Wrote: THomas.

so a benevolent dictator ship by an AI who only wants what's best for those under it?

Not an AI  Eggplant
that whole absolute power thing is exactly why I like the idea of a council of leaders instead of an individual one.

it's a lot harder to become corrupt when enough people are there to balance things.
Here's my latest one:

[Image: IVw4o8h.png]

I've taken this test several times over the years. My economic score has usually remained close to the centre (indeed, this is one of my more left-wing results). My social score started near the centre, but it's gradually drifted down over the years.
Economic Left/Right: -4.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.08

[Image: fXDKi.png]

Truth be told, I'm actually much more on the right economically than this test shows. Towards social issues, I'm more towards the center. The test was pretty accurate regarding the social authoritarian/libretarian scale. Finna

[Image: tJNyY4u.jpg]

I identify with all of them except for centrism, help :(
I have no real opinion lol
[Image: image.png]
@Plushy
d***, you're quite literally dead center. Finna

(March 29th, 2020 at 1:34 AM)Darth-Apple Wrote: Economic Left/Right: -4.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.08

[Image: fXDKi.png]

Truth be told, I'm actually much more on the right economically than this test shows. Towards social issues, I'm more towards the center. The test was pretty accurate regarding the social authoritarian/libretarian scale. Finna

Yeah, I have come to question how relevant the test scores still are TBH. 

When I took the test for the first time in 2005, it had exactly the same questions as it does now. However, the dominant political issues have changed somewhat since then, and the test hasn't caught up. I think it has too many questions on the 'religious' social issues (which were big in 2005), and not enough questions on the cultural/nationalist social issues (which are big now). There are people who lean left on one set of social issues, but lean right on the other - and I think this is throwing their scores off a bit.
I agree with that. I noticed that about the test as well.

Hopefully they update it. Political viewpoints have changed quite a bit in 15 years.

I tested myself last week out of curiosity... Apparently I'm even more left leaning and libertarian that I was 5 years ago...
(April 1st, 2020 at 2:52 AM)SpookyZalost Wrote: I tested myself last week out of curiosity... Apparently I'm even more left leaning and libertarian that I was 5 years ago...

I've fluctuated a little too.

All the stuff going on in Washington will probably shape politics pretty heavily for years going forward. The coronavirus is changing people's perspectives on things.