Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Do you have a personal website?

I'm in the process of building a personal website, namely to put resume-esque content and a few other things on. It will more or less be a static website for job-hunting and portfolio purposes. Should be relatively easy to make and will come in handy. 

It's also good to have your personal name registered as a domain. You never know... Finna 

Does anyone here have a personal website for this purpose? If so, did you namely put some quick information and a portfolio on it, or did you expand it to include a blog and so forth as well?

(June 23rd, 2020 at 4:54 AM)Darth-Apple Wrote: Does anyone here have a personal website for this purpose? If so, did you namely put some quick information and a portfolio on it, or did you expand it to include a blog and so forth as well?

Yep, shameless plug - https://bdc.id.au - and I am working on expanding it. It's got a few style bugs on it at the moment. Jekyll and Github Pages tho.
(June 23rd, 2020 at 5:04 AM)s3_gunzel Wrote:
(June 23rd, 2020 at 4:54 AM)Darth-Apple Wrote: Does anyone here have a personal website for this purpose? If so, did you namely put some quick information and a portfolio on it, or did you expand it to include a blog and so forth as well?

Yep, shameless plug - https://bdc.id.au - and I am working on expanding it. It's got a few style bugs on it at the moment. Jekyll and Github Pages tho.

Looks good! Clean, simple, and to the point.

(June 23rd, 2020 at 5:06 AM)Darth-Apple Wrote: Looks good! Clean, simple, and to the point.

That's the general idea. The design is a modified one of the new websites for the business... just because it was easier that way.
Not for myself Confused , for Ben I started something  Smile

https://r32.at/ben/

[Image: autism4all.png]
[x] <= Drive in nail here for new display!
I've thought about doing it. Not entirely sure what to do with it though. I have a pretty good network here so jobs are pretty easy to come by. So, wouldn't do it for that. Maybe to start building a political presence... Tongue
https://www.ryanstubbs.co.uk is mine. Not created for any particular purpose but it's somewhere nice to keep my projects.
WebDevZone - A new, friendly web development community
Yes! I do!
[Image: userbar2.png]
2018 Makestation Member of the Year
July 2020 Makestation Member of the Month
December 2020 Makestation Member of the Month
2019 Makestation Member of the Year Nominee
(June 23rd, 2020 at 11:39 PM)Thomas Wrote: Yes! I do!

I really like the design of yours with the icons by the links!
WebDevZone - A new, friendly web development community
(June 24th, 2020 at 12:10 AM)campingrhino Wrote:
(June 23rd, 2020 at 11:39 PM)Thomas Wrote: Yes! I do!

I really like the design of yours with the icons by the links!

Thanks, it was important to have those so there's not just a big wall of text there on the right hand side.
What do you guys use to power your websites?

(June 24th, 2020 at 12:36 AM)Darth-Apple Wrote: What do you guys use to power your websites?

HTML
To expand on my smartass answer, I built it from scratch. The blog is WordPress; I adapted the default them for the time, twentytwelve, to match my css.
I have a personal website for future prospects in the outdoor recreation field.
What certain outdoor activities mean to me, an outdoor activity log and working on adding my resume to the site.
Also, I have an about me section and added my portfolio of photography and designs.
I used to have one, based on chess. It might still exist somewhere; however, it hasn't been updated in over a decade Tongue .
[Image: pkmb0Gv.png]

#ForzaJules 1989-2015
(June 25th, 2020 at 12:51 PM)Kyng Wrote: I used to have one, based on chess. It might still exist somewhere; however, it hasn't been updated in over a decade Tongue .

Nostalgia for the win. Finna

you all I do lol.

Zalost.neocities.org (Zalost's Grid Zone)
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
[Image: 5.jpg]
(June 25th, 2020 at 6:27 PM)SpookyZalost Wrote: you all I do lol.

Zalost.neocities.org (Zalost's Grid Zone)

Love the retro look!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Neocities, the home for a post geocities personal web zone. SpookyZalost 3 3,378 February 22nd, 2019 at 3:24 AM
Last Post: Guardian
  Have you ever given up on a website or forum? Darth-Apple 2 5,511 October 9th, 2013 at 2:10 AM
Last Post: AtlasWest