Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

VPS/Server Setup Service

Hello all, 

We set up servers!  

Hard times have hit me these past few months. The Coronavirus is looming for us all, and I'm a university student working as much as possible to make ends meet. To to help make the difference on monthly bills, I'm opening up my experience to all! I'll set up a server for you at a low-cost rate. Big Grin

I have years of experience setting up servers on Nginx, MySQL, PHP, and Ubuntu. I have experience doing these both in for corporate and for personal use. I am well versed in Nginx rewrite rules, Apache based setups, MyBB-specific needs, and Wordpress-specific needs. In general, I have set up dozens of servers and can fine tune a server specifically for what you need. Smile

I will also install the application of your choice (MyBB, phpBB, Wordpress, Drupal, etc), along with Filezilla access and phpmyadmin for easy database management. Your server will be completed with a ready-to-use application installed. Any specific requests can be discussed as well. 

Cost:
The cost to you will be $35 for the first server, and $20/server for every server thereafter. 

To Sign Up: Send me a private message! I will respond to all requests within 12 hours, and will complete them within 24-72 hours. Happy to help in any way that I can. Any and all business is extremely helpful to me (and much appreciated). It helps keep the lights on in my apartment! Smile

Happy administration, and best of luck to all
-Darth

Hello Darth, great idea from you, ask: are these monthly prices? 1 year?

[Image: autism4all.png]
[x] <= Drive in nail here for new display!
This is a one time fee! I’ll set it up a VPS and it’s more or less good-to-go. Once it’s set up, you can use it to host your website, upload files with FTP, and use phpMyAdmin to manage your databases. Smile

In general, software should be updated periodically on the server (for security and for stability). This one-time setup does not include maintenance, but I'll provide instructions on how to do basic software updates as a part of the initial set up. That being said, I don't recommend using an unmanaged VPS unless you're comfortable with occasionally running a few apt-get upgrade commands. However, if you've used Linux before, these will be extremely straightforward!

I'll be more than happy to discuss long-term ongoing server management if further assistance is required! Prices may vary on this, (and will be charged by the hour). I have two years of professional server management experience, so I'm happy to help in any way that I can! Smile

Great service to set up! I manage my VPS on my own and hope to keep doing so, but I will keep you in mind if I do happen to have any problems. I'll also send anyone your way who has issues. Smile
[Image: meowsepaddotorg.png]
(April 17th, 2020 at 9:42 PM)MeowsePad Wrote: Great service to set up! I manage my VPS on my own and hope to keep doing so, but I will keep you in mind if I do happen to have any problems. I'll also send anyone your way who has issues. Smile

Thank you, much appreciated! Smile

My VPS or yours?
[Image: userbar2.png]
2018 Makestation Member of the Year
July 2020 Makestation Member of the Month
December 2020 Makestation Member of the Month
2019 Makestation Member of the Year Nominee