Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Video-Chat ???

Question 
Hy guys, hope you're all still healthy, I have a question. Which video chat program should my Kidds or I use on the PC? Skype? or https://zoom.us/ or do you have a better suggestion

Lg Tc

[Image: autism4all.png]
[x] <= Drive in nail here for new display!
Since the quarantines and self-isolations have started, I've seen an increase in the sue of Zoom. My wife's dance studio has moved classes to Zoom. I just typed up a risk acceptance letter for Zoom this morning for my government agency customer. In short the government is beginning to use it to. At least from a security perspective, it gets approval.
Zoom or Skype, either or is good! I've always used Skype for personal. Every job I've ever worked that had conference calls used Zoom (as Guardian stated), so it's a very good recommendation.

(March 26th, 2020 at 2:44 PM)Darth-Apple Wrote: Zoom or Skype, either or is good! I've always used Skype for personal. Every job I've ever worked that had conference calls used Zoom (as Guardian stated), so it's a very good recommendation.

Best thing: I am currently on a Skype call discussing the use of Zoom or Microsoft Teams for use. Tongue
Great, thanks for your answers, we'll try Skype

I've always used Skype for personal stuff, and it's always been good at what I've needed it for.

I've never used Zoom; however, that's going to change next time my company has a big meeting. I've already downloaded it ready for the occasion Tongue .
while y'all are using Skype and zoom, my paramour and I are using Google hangouts for video chat lol.

the best part is that it's platform agnostic and can work browser based.

also works on stuff as old as 2008 and as odd as raspberry pi's so far as I've tested.

generally as long as it has a camera of some sort that can do video it works.
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
[Image: 5.jpg]
Incidentally, Google just told their employees not to use Zoom anymore. Of course Google (as mentioned by Leo) has their own services, but their primary reason was supposedly security...

I suppose that is an important point they bring up. Finna Tongue

Hy. yes Zoom unfortunately has bad news and is very uncertain. HERE

Oh, yes. I mentioned we were doing a risk assessment for Zoom at work. We have decided NOT to use Zoom. They've made attempt to fix some of their issues, but its still not enough and not secure enough or our use.
My previous job used Zoom almost exclusively, so I'm surprised to hear about all of this now. It wasn't very reliable then, but that largely had to do with the internet. I had a second job at the time working on a line in a restaurant, so we'd be trying to close the kitchen down and I'd be over there pretending to be present in the Zoom call and would have it on the counter. Every so often I'd pop in and say something to give the illusion that I was at the meeting.

I'd have taken them more seriously if they had paid us for the meetings, but they didn't. So I just went along with it like the other 80 people that were in the meeting every time. Finna

(April 10th, 2020 at 5:30 PM)Darth-Apple Wrote: ...if they had paid us for the meetings, but they didn't.

That right there GUARANTEES my lack of interest.
Yea and worse, they would make us do them at horrible times. We had one at 7:30 in the morning one time. It was an hourly job without a set schedule. If I’m off, I don’t want to be in a meeting first thing in the morning. Especially not for some cell phone sales job for T-Mobile. Finna

Granted, T-mobile is a great company and a good place to work. My franchise (or “dealer” as they call them) was a different story.

Yeah... I wouldn't be there. Maybe I'm spoiled now, but I would definitely tell them they can pound sand.
Yea agreed. That’s more or less why I left, among some other things. I’m now working at the dealership and it’s been a great job. The auto business can be a little cutthroat, but besides that it’s a good industry to work within.

Honestly I'd never heard of Zoom until it was mentioned in this thread, then they started going on about it on the TV.
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
[Image: 5.jpg]
I've heard good things about Zoom more than the others. Google Hangouts isn't very good, so I would avoid it if at all possible.
[Image: meowsepaddotorg.png]
Alright guys.
https://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/govt...61550.html
How do we feel about this? These Zoom stocks are taking quite the beating... ;o

Ngl I do have a pretty decent bit of respect for this guy and his bravery. I interpret his message as 'Go f*** yourself' to the govt officials.