Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

My Custom phpBB Theme

Hi MS!

Been playing around with a new phpBB forum (I also own a few forums running myBB, so please don't hate me!)

It's meant to be an old-school gaming looking forum, that many of us participated in a long time ago. Still some things to sort out here and there but it's coming together now.

Please take a look at https://gvforums.net/forums/ and let me know what you think - any suggestions would be great!

Thank you Smile
Definitely has a retro feel to it. Not bad!
It looks very similar to your main website. I'm impressed. It's hard to tie two platforms together to that level of detail.

(March 26th, 2020 at 12:42 PM)Darth-Apple Wrote: It looks very similar to your main website. I'm impressed. It's hard to tie two platforms together to that level of detail.

Oh I didn't even see that. Even better!
Thanks for the comments guys, made me smile  Tongue
Yup, that a retro style for a retro game xD

Even if the idea is keeping it simple, maybe a sand texture would be good for the background, could be a transparent one. And a little complaint: the hoover color on the forum row doesn't let read the text
https://ibb.co/dt5R6SJ
I always love seeing when administrators make their own themes as well. It takes a lot of effort to do it from scratch. SpookyZalost did his site from scratch as well, but it adds a lot more character to everything once it's finished. Smile

(March 26th, 2020 at 8:52 PM)Plushy Wrote: Yup, that a retro style for a retro game xD

Even if the idea is keeping it simple, maybe a sand texture would be good for the background, could be a transparent one. And a little complaint: the hoover color on the forum row doesn't let read the text
https://ibb.co/dt5R6SJ

Thanks Plushy, this is something actually on my list of things to do. I also have this problem in the drop-down menu for UserCP. I'm thinking hover dark-sand with the Links still being purple. There are many options, so i'll have a play!

A sand texture could actually be a great idea. Let me have a look around Smile

Thanks @Darth-Apple, still ironing a few things out but can't wait for it to be finished  Tongue
I don't mean to make this a 'bump' post but I would like you all to test the edits  Tongue

There's a few pixel blendings to do on the main-page but i'll do that if you guys think the background is a good idea!

What do you think?

Don't forget to refresh your browser cache (ctrl + f5)
First off, we allow bumping of posts as long as you aren't posting spam. Bump as many times as you would like! Smile

The changes look good! The only thing I would do is have the background stay still rather than scroll on the page scroll. The colors pop out more and are a little more vibrant. I like it.

The show thread pages look good with the changes too.

Haha, that's good to know! I didn't want to be the new 'bad boy' around here Tongue

Thanks dude, i'll have a little play with it over the next few days Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Designing a custom theme Electric2Shock 7 12,339 August 12th, 2014 at 5:28 PM
Last Post: Darth-Apple