Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Minecraft

There's also the halfblock method

The key thing is creating an air pocket, before I knew about the door method I simply built a 1x2 air shelter to return to, so that should also work
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
[Image: 5.jpg]
On the oceans, aren't they all source blocks? That was the issue that I had with it. I would try to dig the air pocket and it would always end up with more water unless you dug a large area.

Yes, but the water blocks are replaced when sand, gravel, etc is placed over them. Once you build a barrier the only thing filling the space is air.
Ah, so the trick is to replace them with sand and so forth, and to tear it down afterwards? Never thought of that.

Exactly, and sand/gravel places easier because it falls and replaced all the blocks it goes through become air.

So if you build a wall, place sand thrn the first roof section, repeat until you complete the area.
That's just about the only use for sand I ever found. Sand is otherwise frustrating, especially when doing deep-ground mining and trying to find diamonds and coal. You have to either go around or keep destroying them, and sometimes there is water above.

Yeah sand can be frustrating.
Not as frustrating as mining down (or even through the ceiling) and finding lava, or a huge water-filled cave. Next thing you know, lava comes pouring down and you're done for.

That's why they say, don't mine straight down. Finna

(April 16th, 2020 at 1:50 AM)Darth-Apple Wrote: Not as frustrating as mining down (or even through the ceiling) and finding lava, or a huge water-filled cave. Next thing you know, lava comes pouring down and you're done for.

I always like to carry a bucket of water when I go mining just in case I encounter lava.
[Image: meowsepaddotorg.png]
(April 16th, 2020 at 1:56 AM)MeowsePad Wrote:
(April 16th, 2020 at 1:50 AM)Darth-Apple Wrote: Not as frustrating as mining down (or even through the ceiling) and finding lava, or a huge water-filled cave. Next thing you know, lava comes pouring down and you're done for.

I always like to carry a bucket of water when I go mining just in case I encounter lava.

I've always gotten lucky. I only recently started doing this, but one bucket is only but so much if you end up encountering it more than once. I started doing that recently when I needed a lake under my house, and it took quite a few to make it work.

For sure. I like to create a two by two (four square tile) hole in the ground and use a bucket to put water in the two diagonal corners. This will make an infinite source of water that you can use to fill buckets multiple times. You can also do this underground. When you take water from the hole (assuming you put two water sources in diagonal corners), it will automatically repopulate the corner that you use to fill your bucket with more water again.
[Image: meowsepaddotorg.png]
I have never, in my many hours of playing minecraft, ever thought of that idea. That's genius.

I've always dug stairwells but man is that genius, makes me want to try vertical shafts again.

Though lately I've been settling down next to ravines given how common they are lol.

And usually where there's one there's more unseen, below the surface.
Some of them are huge. Once you find one, there is almost anything you can come across. I use them to help get down to level 9 for diamonds though. Enough torches and you’ll be good. Block off large sections to avoid monsters.

Ya, or you could farm creepers and tnt the roof so daylight comes in lol. That's what I end up doing late game then converting them into areas with bridges and walkways to allow easy access to caves and stuff.
That’s a good idea. Never tried that. Creepers have destroyed my house plenty of times lol, never put them to good use before.

@Darth-Apple ever built rail as you go down a ravine to make transit back and forth easy and quick?  If you ever strip mine one this works well, especially if you've got tons of iron and Redstone.... Ot if not Redstone then a furnace and an extra minecart  Rolleyes
Never used the rails before. I’ve made some hella long tunnels to go from two houses in different biomes. Rails would make it faster. Finna I honestly get bored. Once I’m done exploring one, I just make another.

By the way, anyone know anything about the server requirements for Minecraft servers? Would 1GB of RAM and two cores be sufficient? Never done this before. Tongue