Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Coronavirus

I tested negative, but I'm now running a fever. My temperature went up from about 97 on the dot to 100.3 in about an hour. Tylenol and Motrin have kept it from rising any higher than this, but we will see how it is in the morning.

It's possible the test was a false negative since I got tested on the very onset of any sign whatsoever. I'm already vaccinated for the flu (and this feels pretty aggressive anyway), so I'm really hoping it's not Covid-19. The taste thing is very suspicious, because I've never had that happened ever in my life where everything suddenly tasted and smelled like metal.

(June 8th, 2020 at 3:51 AM)Darth-Apple Wrote: I tested negative, but I'm now running a fever. My temperature went up from about 97 on the dot to 100.3 in about an hour. Tylenol and Motrin have kept it from rising any higher than this, but we will see how it is in the morning.

It's possible the test was a false negative since I got tested on the very onset of any sign whatsoever. I'm already vaccinated for the flu (and this feels pretty aggressive anyway), so I'm really hoping it's not Covid-19. The taste thing is very suspicious, because I've never had that happened ever in my life where everything suddenly tasted and smelled like metal.
Wow, sorry to hear that Sad . 

I hope you're able to find out what it is - and, above all, I hope you feel better soon!
[Image: pkmb0Gv.png]

#ForzaJules 1989-2015
(June 8th, 2020 at 3:51 AM)Darth-Apple Wrote: I tested negative, but I'm now running a fever. My temperature went up from about 97 on the dot to 100.3 in about an hour. Tylenol and Motrin have kept it from rising any higher than this, but we will see how it is in the morning.

Get better man!
Thanks guys Smile

Now this is even more odd. Fever went up to 101 last night, but after a few hours it started to go down. I woke back up this morning (mind you, with no medicine in me whatsoever) with my temperature at 97.

So whatever this is, I tested negative for Covid, I'm vacinnated for the flu, but this fever is weird and comes and goes. I have no idea what to make of this right now.

(June 8th, 2020 at 5:10 PM)Darth-Apple Wrote: Thanks guys Smile

Now this is even more odd. Fever went up to 101 last night, but after a few hours it started to go down. I woke back up this morning (mind you, with no medicine in me whatsoever) with my temperature at 97.

So whatever this is, I tested negative for Covid, I'm vacinnated for the flu, but this fever is weird and comes and goes. I have no idea what to make of this right now.

Could have been the "you got it but... you're fine now." Could be good for you. Maybe not others.
Sounds like it could be a sinus infection, or the common cold, both cause inflammation and feavers. And can alter taste buds because you smell/taste.
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
[Image: 5.jpg]
Quite possibly. I’m feeling 100% well now, which is a huge positive. It’s got me very nervous right now though.

Have to start going back into the office starting July 1st. Not looking forward to it. Undecided
Apparently the UK's Covid-19 status today has been downgraded - it's "still in circulation" but everything is slowly going back to normal. This won't end well.

I'm back at work from mid-July too and I can guarantee I'll get it.
WebDevZone - A new, friendly web development community
Wow, I hope both of you stay healthy Sad .

As for our alert status being downgraded: that's... good, I guess? I don't think anybody really understands or follows the alert levels: I expect they've created more confusion than they've solved Undecided .
[Image: pkmb0Gv.png]

#ForzaJules 1989-2015
They’ve been doing much the same thing here. Our case counts have been increasing rapidly, but the government (or should I say, certain people from high up within) are telling us everything is safe and good to go... Huh

Allegedly, we can get hair cuts from the beginning of July which is a big relief for me.

Edit: for context I'm starting to look like Robin Williams in Jumanji.
WebDevZone - A new, friendly web development community
(June 24th, 2020 at 12:45 PM)campingrhino Wrote: Allegedly, we can get hair cuts from the beginning of July which is a big relief for me.

Edit: for context I'm starting to look like Robin Williams in Jumanji.

Not having hair cuts has been absolutely awful. I've seen people with long hair who never went three weeks without a cut before. It's been interesting.

... looks in the mirror, remembers he doesn't get his hair cut but occasionally trims bangs and split ends solo.

as a long haired guy this honestly does not affect me in the least.

I tie my hair back usually and do a long braid for formal stuff...

that being said, I can see how most people would struggle with not having someone to cut their hair for them lol.

also I've been feeling a bit concerned lately.

remember what that number was for the collapse of civilization?

20% either dead or unable to work.

less if the virus hits the working population.

well right now it's still less than 1% dead however the virus is affecting the population in a different way.

the job market.

80% unemployment rates is pretty bad.

it's hitting heaviest in manufacturing and the service industry.

honestly the economy tanking as a side effect of the virus and not directly because of it may hit us harder than the virus it's self.
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
[Image: 5.jpg]
(June 29th, 2020 at 7:00 PM)SpookyZalost Wrote: well right now it's still less than 1% dead however the virus is affecting the population in a different way.

the job market.

80% unemployment rates is pretty bad.

it's hitting heaviest in manufacturing and the service industry.

honestly the economy tanking as a side effect of the virus and not directly because of it may hit us harder than the virus it's self.

Because of the length of this I'm really hoping businesses adapt quicker and shift work to be able to deal with things like this. Some jobs have come back, only to be aed again when numbers go back up. The economic impact of this is considerably worse than the health impact IMO.
The worst is yet to come with the virus. The pandemic is likely going to see its worst numbers yet in the coming two months or so. The numbers are exploding.

Fortunately, studies are coming out and showing that considerably higher than expected percentages of people have antibodies. About 10-20 times the number of people who have tested positive. With that in mind, about 25 to 50 million Americans have some level of immunity. We won’t get to “herd immunity” until somewhere between 200-250 million people have had it.

We’re, at best, about 1/4 of the way there.

Failed leadership is responsible for this
[Image: userbar2.png]
2018 Makestation Member of the Year
July 2020 Makestation Member of the Month
December 2020 Makestation Member of the Month
2019 Makestation Member of the Year Nominee
I live in PEI (the smallest province in Canada) which had no news cases since April 28th but that changed on July 4th when 3 new cases were announced and there were 2 more new cases announced today July 5th bringing it to 5 active cases. PEI, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and Newfoundland have opened up an Atlantic bubble to savagely the tourism season. The 5 new cases are not related to the Atlantic bubble being open though.
[Image: qg8LLVv.jpg]
^Banner made by me^

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Coronavirus Mask Laws Darth-Apple 4 2,997 July 12th, 2020 at 1:45 AM
Last Post: Double Knot