Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Coronavirus

I literally cannot quarantine. I am an essential worker. I have to keep a law firm in two locations running.
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

1.2 million cases today. 332K in the US alone. We literally have approximately 25% of the world's cases here in the US. 10K have died, with about 1K in the last 24 hours alone.

So what you're saying is, civilization may collapse?

good thing I just got those lock picks, if we're having a 7 days to die/Fallout situation I want to be ready for it.
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
[Image: 5.jpg]
(April 7th, 2020 at 4:31 PM)SpookyZalost Wrote: So what you're saying is, civilization may collapse?

good thing I just got those lock picks, if we're having a 7 days to die/Fallout situation I want to be ready for it.

d***! I threw out all my bottle caps!
I have 1oz of silver, is that enough to turn me into a multimillionaire when society collapses?
Silver is cheap tho... Gotta get the Gold. Finna

(April 8th, 2020 at 12:39 AM)Darth-Apple Wrote: Silver is cheap tho... Gotta get the Gold. Finna
It's weird, I've looked at all sorts of charts about it. Silver doesn't follow the scarcity/value ratio like other metals and precious substances (diamond, gold, platinum, bitcoin, etc.)
Seems to be extremely undervalued, and 4chan's /biz/ shills it like crazy. Then again, 95% of /biz/ is downright schizo, so there's that.
(April 8th, 2020 at 12:27 AM)Lain Wrote: I have 1oz of silver, is that enough to turn me into a multimillionaire when society collapses?

I invest in the things that will make me a king post-collapse.

Seeds and bullets. People got to eat and defend themselves. Let me help with that, just follow me...
Eh that's all well and good but it's us keepers of old knowledge that will be truly powerful.

Oh you want to build an aircraft... Here let's see what materials you have to work with.
(April 8th, 2020 at 1:45 PM)SpookyZalost Wrote: Eh that's all well and good but it's us keepers of old knowledge that will be truly powerful.

Oh you want to build an aircraft... Here let's see what materials you have to work with.
The logistics of all of that is WAY too much for people maintain when trying just to survive. BUT, if you can get the survival part down, those guys have the edge on getting the rest going.
(April 9th, 2020 at 12:02 AM)Guardian Wrote:
(April 8th, 2020 at 1:45 PM)SpookyZalost Wrote: Eh that's all well and good but it's us keepers of old knowledge that will be truly powerful.

The logistics of all of that is WAY too much for people maintain when trying just to survive. BUT, if you can get the survival part down, those guys have the edge on getting the rest going.
You'd be surprised.  The wright brothers made the first airplane out of bicycle parts and cloth, it really just comes down to a basic engine, enough torqe to thrust, and a large enough wing span to generate lift
Then there's lighter than air craft like zeppelins and hot air balloons one, the latter of which goes back to France nearly 400 years ago... To the Point that Jules Vern wrote a story about traveling long distances in one, both he and H.G. Wells were well known to base their ideas on scientific discoveries and projects of the time.

I dare say if cloth can be created/gathered in large enough amounts a hot air balloon or possibly a Zeppelin is possible, especially since hydrogen only requires a boiler to distill water, metal plates, a kinetic generator (wind, water, etc), and a way to store it.  The gas naturally follows the anode due to its own polarized charge upon creation so a filter is not necessarily required.

But I'm getting off topic lol(we need a post apocalypse survival thread?).  Btw, I went for supplies yesterday, got tons of weird looks and rude people, mostly women in their 30s and 40s.  Not sure why, maybe it's the jacket, or the shades... I was wearing a mask but so was everybody else *shrugs*.
(April 9th, 2020 at 9:45 AM)SpookyZalost Wrote: You'd be surprised. 

Have you read any of the 1632 series? Its about a small West Virginia town that gets thrown into the middle of Europe during the Hundred Years War and a good portion of the books is them scrounging random tools and materials to build things again like planes, trains, etc. Pretty interesting.

(April 9th, 2020 at 9:45 AM)SpookyZalost Wrote: But I'm getting off topic lol(we need a post apocalypse survival thread?).  Btw, I went for supplies yesterday, got tons of weird looks and rude people, mostly women in their 30s and 40s.  Not sure why, maybe it's the jacket, or the shades... I was wearing a mask but so was everybody else *shrugs*.

Maybe. Big Grin
@Zalost: Haha that's hilarious. Keep going for it! It's an opportunity to be an evangelist for cyberpunk living in times of trial. Big Grin

(April 9th, 2020 at 8:48 PM)Darth-Apple Wrote: @Zalost: Haha that's hilarious. Keep going for it! It's an opportunity to be an evangelist for cyberpunk living in times of trial. Big Grin

You know I've been thinking about that, maybe I'm just straight up science punk?  Doing crazy stuff with what I have on hand and preaching the benefits of getting any skills you can.
(April 9th, 2020 at 9:01 PM)SpookyZalost Wrote:
(April 9th, 2020 at 8:48 PM)Darth-Apple Wrote: @Zalost: Haha that's hilarious. Keep going for it! It's an opportunity to be an evangelist for cyberpunk living in times of trial. Big Grin

You know I've been thinking about that, maybe I'm just straight up science punk?  Doing crazy stuff with what I have on hand and preaching the benefits of getting any skills you can.

May as well. The world has gone to s***. Gotta keep ourselves occupied somehow... Big Grin

(April 9th, 2020 at 9:06 PM)Darth-Apple Wrote:
(April 9th, 2020 at 9:01 PM)SpookyZalost Wrote:

May as well. The world has gone to s***. Gotta keep ourselves occupied somehow... Big Grin

Well I know what I'm doing with my down time between work shifts.  Sewing patches onto my jacket, tending to and irrigating the garden.  Repairing my Jeep.  And terrifying the population with my very presence.
Haha keep it going! You should share photos of the jeep. Now I'm interested. A cyberpink offroading SUV-machine. Finna

(April 10th, 2020 at 4:35 AM)Darth-Apple Wrote: Haha keep it going! You should share photos of the jeep. Now I'm interested. A cyberpink offroading SUV-machine. Finna
Oh yes that would also be a good idea for a new topic: which vehicles do you have? what would be your dream car? Motorcycles? or do you just like electric vehicles ...
 and Pictures

[Image: autism4all.png]
[x] <= Drive in nail here for new display!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Coronavirus Mask Laws Darth-Apple 4 2,997 July 12th, 2020 at 1:45 AM
Last Post: Double Knot