Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

MyBB Status Updates (in development)

The official beta is coming very soon, possibly as early as Wednesday. I've got everything knocked off the list in terms of features so it's testing time!

I'm going to be pushing the dev code to the MS forum in the coming days. That means that lots of changes are going to be coming and there will be some bugs we're going to catch. The version we have on here now is several months old, so some neat little features are coming (including myalerts support and the ability to see who liked your status). Big Grin

The statusfeed has quite literally been in development since 2014, so I'm extremely excited to say that it is finally nearing beta status. Please stay tuned! It will be on github very shortly.

Hello Darth-Apple, I'm really excited, I'm looking forward to it :-)

[Image: autism4all.png]
[x] <= Drive in nail here for new display!
(October 18th, 2020 at 3:18 PM)tc4me Wrote: Hello Darth-Apple, I'm really excited, I'm looking forward to it :-)

Thank you @tc4me. We are excited as well! 

I pushed the dev branch to the live site. we've been using the ~may/june version for months. It's going to be extremely buggy for a few days, but this is necessary to help us test the beta code before we start pushing it. We will start working through the issues quickly and it will be more stable very soon.

So far, we caught far more bugs than we had expected. Most of them were related to us manually installing the statusfeed into the site without using the proper installer in the past, but these issues will be addressed. If you have any problems, reload your browser without cache (CTRL + SHIFT + R, or if that doesn't work, CTRL + F5). That should resolve any issues!

We will be keeping track of critical bugs and issues on GitHub ahead of the public beta release. See this page to check current progress.

The alpha version is now on github! For the very first time, we've shared the code and are inviting contributors and outside testers to begin helping us with this plugin. Big Grin

https://github.com/Darth-Apple/Profile-Status-Updates

This is not live forum safe! Please do not install this on a live forum quite yet. Give us a short couple of weeks, we will have it more stable shortly. (Yes, I know, we've been using it on MS for years, but this is a very specific environment that we have developed this plugin to be catered to. We need to make sure it works well on other environments too. We'll be making a lot of progress soon, so we'll have a more stable version shortly! Smile )

I've briefly disabled the plugin on MS (for about two days or so). This is because we're doing a final security/stability audit on the code and having others look over it as well. As with any publicly available beta/alpha code, we feel more comfortable having the audit process completed before running it here, just in case any bad actors take a look at it and discover something we haven't caught. It will be returning very shortly! Finna

Smile 
Hello Darth-Apple, your approach is great, I'll install the latest on my test forum, you will definitely get feedback from me! Great plugin  Wink

Good Morning Darth-Apple, I started the German translation (statusfeed.lang) last night. So I already have a good basic basis until the final version

Greeting Tc4me

(October 25th, 2020 at 6:57 AM)tc4me Wrote: Good Morning Darth-Apple, I started the German translation (statusfeed.lang) last night. So I already have a good basic basis until the final version

Greeting Tc4me

Thank you, as always! We will probably be changing some language strings before the final release (it's still very early beta), but if it helps, I'll make a list of the ones we change and send it to you as we go. That way you will know exactly which lines need to be adjusted. 

Looking forward to it, we will definitely release the translation with the English version and have them both official as usual.

(October 25th, 2020 at 7:26 AM)Darth-Apple Wrote:
(October 25th, 2020 at 6:57 AM)tc4me Wrote: Good Morning Darth-Apple, I started the German translation (statusfeed.lang) last night. So I already have a good basic basis until the final version

Greeting Tc4me

Thank you, as always! We will probably be changing some language strings before the final release (it's still very early beta), but if it helps, I'll make a list of the ones we change and send it to you as we go. That way you will know exactly which lines need to be adjusted. 

Looking forward to it, we will definitely release the translation with the English version and have them both official as usual.

Hy, yes please, I'm sure it helps with the list, perfect thanks, greetings tc4me

Hy Darth-Apple, ask, will it also be possible to use the plugin in the MyBB Proportal? Your own portal box?

https://www.mybb.de/erweiterungen/18x/pl...proportal/

lg Tc4me

Good suggestion. I'll look into it. I'll have to figure out exactly how ProPortal works, but it shouldn't be too difficult to implement.

Thank you, I also think that will be very well received by the user

lg Tc4me

Hello Darth-Apple, I've finished the German translation for this beta, wanted to see how everything is translated, problem: not all variables are transferred in German, see here in the index and in my alart and partly in the layer, I know it could not lie, see the video here, you know for sure it is. 

lg Tc4me

https://tc4me.at/vid/mst1.mp4

https://tc4me.at/vid/mst2.mp4

https://tc4me.at/vid/mst3.mp4

Thank you for reporting! These are residual language strings that are evidently hardcoded in. I'll be getting these into their proper language files over the next several days.

First think about your health, that is not the most important thing now

Thank you @tc4me. I'm getting well, slowly but surely. Big Grin

As far as the statusfeed, I made quite a bit of progress on little things today. I'm closer than I expected to be. It's still (as before) primarily testing that remains, and I'm still catching various issues that will need to be fixed before release.

Regarding the language files, I went in and fixed a couple of hardcoded ones, but some of the ones that your videos mentioned weren't hardcoded. Can you PM me a copy of the language files you've generated thus far, and I'll take a look?

(October 29th, 2020 at 8:43 PM)Darth-Apple Wrote: Thank you @tc4me. I'm getting well, slowly but surely. Big Grin

As far as the statusfeed, I made quite a bit of progress on little things today. I'm closer than I expected to be. It's still (as before) primarily testing that remains, and I'm still catching various issues that will need to be fixed before release.

Regarding the language files, I went in and fixed a couple of hardcoded ones, but some of the ones that your videos mentioned weren't hardcoded. Can you PM me a copy of the language files you've generated thus far, and I'll take a look?

Good morning, sorry that I'm only now online again, I'm sure I'll send you the file  ,  lg Tc4me

Attached Files
.zip   Profile_German.zip (Size: 8.45 KB / Downloads: 154)

Ah, thank you! The translation looks like it's correct.. Looks like there is something wrong with the plugin still in terms of hard coded language strings, I will take a look and have those fixed soon.

The good news is that I've made quite a bit of progress today. The github version is slowly becoming more and more stable. I'm working on the styling currently. (As it stands now, it looks good on the MyBB default theme, but not on most others. ) I'm currently redoing some CSS so that it uses rgba colors (transparent colors that blend with the theme's colors) so that it displays much more gracefully in different themes. Dark theme users here at MS will notice that the annoying white borders on comments are gone (refresh without cache), so it's coming along nicely so far.

(October 30th, 2020 at 5:08 AM)Darth-Apple Wrote: Ah, thank you! The translation looks like it's correct.. Looks like there is something wrong with the plugin still in terms of hard coded language strings, I will take a look and have those fixed soon.

The good news is that I've made quite a bit of progress today. The github version is slowly becoming more and more stable. I'm working on the styling currently. (As it stands now, it looks good on the MyBB default theme, but not on most others. ) I'm currently redoing some CSS so that it uses rgba colors (transparent colors that blend with the theme's colors) so that it displays much more gracefully in different themes. Dark theme users here at MS will notice that the annoying white borders on comments are gone (refresh without cache), so it's coming along nicely so far.

Hy Super pleased that you are making such good progress, I'm so free, and download the current version and you already know me, let it run on the test forum and keep busy with it :-)

lg Tc4me

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A proper MyBB Status/Profile Updates Plugin? Darth-Apple 6 12,700 August 2nd, 2014 at 8:02 PM
Last Post: CapTon
  Good status update & advanced profile plugin? Darth-Apple 1 4,757 August 27th, 2013 at 5:31 PM
Last Post: simlink