Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Darth-Apple's not-so-personal blog

I might do that actually. Nice suggestion.

Good luck with it. Smile Sounds like a cool idea.
Perhaps you could do Anchor CMS themes as well.
[Image: 3GnR8g1.jpg]
I might consider it actually.

Most excellent.
I've found a few I've considered using...
Alright, it turns out anchor isn't compatible with nginx, and neither is fork CMS. The search continues...

Off that vein a little, I am now working on a new theme with a new color scheme. I hope to have previews soon. Big Grin

Looking forward to it. Smile
In my inability to find a decent awards plugin, I decided I'd jump into the MyBB plugin coding world and create my own. I'm simply going to create a plugin that prints more than one usergroup image on the postbit. That will allow us to add badges here at Makestation for users.

It also of course gives me experience writing myBB plugins. Big Grin

Great! I miss my stamp of blessings...
I mod Paradox games. Click here to see my many adventures in doing that.

"Join the Army, see the world, meet interesting people - and kill them"
As soon as my little plugin is complete, it shall return. Big Grin

Well I finally got the original plugin to install after fixing the faulty code, but it doesn't work at all. I guess I have no choice but to code my own haha.

I have officially written my first MYBB plugin, and it is in use here at Makestation. It simply displays the usergroup image of all usergroups that a user is a part of, instead of just one. It will allow us to assign as many badges as we want to users, and as you can see, the stamp of blessings has already gone out. Tongue

I have now designed both a myBB theme and a MyBB plugin. Big Grin

I like it!
I mod Paradox games. Click here to see my many adventures in doing that.

"Join the Army, see the world, meet interesting people - and kill them"
Thanks!

Turns out the original plugin I was trying to install was an ancient plugin that was not compatible with our software. It had no info and the plugin did not have a compatibility tag, so myBB still attempted to install it anyway.

Either way, I might have a contribution to the MyBB mod community very soon. Might be very minor, but hey, it's a start haha! Big Grin

I've decided I really need to improve my graphics design skills - so... I've decided I will start going through some tutorials @ http://www.gimp.org/tutorials/

I also plan on designing some new graphics for Makestation. It's much needed I think.

I just reinstalled both Windows and Linux on my PC to get rid of malware. It has definitely been a very busy time lately, but the past few weeks have been great, despite the emergency reinstall of Windows on my PC.

Hope to get back to coding this weekend. Big Grin

Reviving a terribly old topic... man have things changed a lot in recent months for me.

Anyway, I was recently listening to some old music I had recorded years ago, and I'm a little surprised at some of my more youthful inspirations. Unfortunately, I lost the license to the recording software I had been using due to an old reinstall of Windows, and I'm not feeling like spending a good $250 on new software after expense after expense has already hit me in the past few months.

Anyone have any particular recommendations by any chance? I'm feeling inspired, but to be honest, I've forgotten pretty much everything I used to know about this stuff. Tongue

Ask MandelSoft on Simtropolis. He uses a good recording software, but I forget the name. It may be called FL Studio 11, but I'm not sure. Smile
Any updates in the world of Darth-Apple?
[Image: userbar2.png]
2018 Makestation Member of the Year
July 2020 Makestation Member of the Month
December 2020 Makestation Member of the Month
2019 Makestation Member of the Year Nominee