Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Overclocking your laptop?

There are so many sources on the internet that are against overclocking your laptop GPU, saying that the GPU's aren't mean to be overclocked, however, personal comments from users recommend overclocking as it has vastly increased performance and FPS. Have you overclocked your laptop? If yes, is it true that it gives a performance increase? If not, are you against it or just rather not take the risk?
(February 6th, 2019 at 9:30 AM)Vaulient Wrote: There are so many sources on the internet that are against overclocking your laptop GPU, saying that the GPU's aren't mean to be overclocked, however, personal comments from users recommend overclocking as it has vastly increased performance and FPS. Have you overclocked your laptop? If yes, is it true that it gives a performance increase? If not, are you against it or just rather not take the risk?

I don't think I'd risk it...laptops struggle to be cool and maintain good performance as it is. I am pretty sure overclocking a laptop is not a great idea. You will either burn yourself due to the heat from the computer or at the very least shorten the lifespan of the machine.
Yeah.... I wouldn't mess with a laptop. Would probably decrease the lifespan of it considerably. UNLESS, you added some serious cooling to it.
heh... Overclocking a laptop...

ever watch Linus Tech tips?

not only did he use duct tape to build duct-ed fans onto one... but apparently he's experimented with water cooled laptops with some interesting outcomes.
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
[Image: 5.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The search for a laptop has begun... Darth-Apple 9 16,438 June 3rd, 2017 at 5:10 AM
Last Post: SpookyZalost
  Considering a New Laptop... CapTon 7 10,295 August 13th, 2014 at 9:03 AM
Last Post: CapTon
  Laptop = Ordered Darth-Apple 10 16,283 June 18th, 2014 at 12:01 AM
Last Post: Darth-Apple