Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average

[Debate] The general chat thread

People like that are what make the best in you come out. The ones who are blunt and to the point.
I was digging up more old screenshots, and makestation literally almost looked like this back in the day. It's a step above the first design we had used on MyBB, but not by much. Tongue

[Image: j0g7kdx.jpg]

Needless to say, this design didn't end up being used. Tongue

Oh god I remember that header, I never really liked it much, but never had the heart to tell you. Tongue
(November 8th, 2014 at 5:14 AM)Clayton Wrote: Oh god I remember that header, I never really liked it much, but never had the heart to tell you. Tongue

What header? We never used that theme. Are you talking about the header used in this theme? Tongue

The one in that picture above, I remember when you showed it to us over in SM chat. Tongue
It wasn't my best work. It was really just a weird experiment. I agree, the header was ugly, and it wasn't the only thing that was ugly about the theme Tongue

Submatrix ended up being a nice stretch and resulted in a nice design, but it ended up being pretty bulky. I still have a lot to learn as a designer, but I think this theme is easier on my eyes at least. I implemented new board icons today, and plan on working on some of the other icons in the next week, and next up is the header. I wouldn't mind implementing better dropdowns, perhaps a user dropdown as well to get rid of the icons for user CP, private messages, and profile that are non-descriptive.

I love the new board icons. Big Grin

I agree, you are making way better themes than I ever could think of, submatrix was a good theme, but the one you have now is really great! Big Grin
Salutations guys. A few months ago i promised myself to drop some boards and stop joining more..that plan failed. I used to be member of 150 ... trying to slow down. But it seems i still have forumming in my blood.
(November 8th, 2014 at 7:00 AM)I.D. Wrote: Salutations guys. A few months ago i promised myself to drop some boards and stop joining more..that plan failed. I used to be member of 150 ... trying to slow down. But it seems i still have forumming in my blood.

Well, I could delete your account for you. That'd be one less forum you'd have to worry about xD Tongue

In more seriousness, welcome to the forums! Glad to have you here. Big Grin

thx bro..its really late here now, am on west coast..better be off.but ill return tomorrow late morning at the latest. Bye for now
I am enjoying some good bacon and eggs for dinner, breakfast for dinner. Big Grin
(November 10th, 2014 at 1:25 AM)Clayton Wrote: I am enjoying some good bacon and eggs for dinner, breakfast for dinner. Big Grin

I'm jealous. I had some really good soup for lunch. For dinner, I had a milkshake. Tongue

Hello. How is everyone?
(November 10th, 2014 at 3:15 AM)VRVisions Wrote: Hello. How is everyone?

Good, and you? 

(November 10th, 2014 at 3:15 AM)VRVisions Wrote: Hello. How is everyone?

I am doing quite, what about you?

----

About to cook up some Ramen Noodles and head to work! Tongue
* Darth-Apple needs ramen noodles himself.

Actually, I've budgeted exactly $7 for subway today. I work all day tomorrow for what will supposedly be the busiest day of the year, so I can afford to waste a few dollars today. Tongue

1. I survived the busiest shift of the year. Feeling pretty proud after a long 12 hour day. Big Grin

2. The status updates plugin has been temporarily disabled while I audit everything to make sure it's secure. It doesn't have any serious vulnerabilities, but I may have updated some dev code on accident and I haven't done a thorough job checking for CSRF. At this point I'm not willing to take any chances, so until it's upgraded, it's a feature we won't have temporarily.

The good news is that the upgraded version will be way better in the long run. Tongue

Hey, I work in the restaurant industry. Tongue To be honest, I really enjoyed how much business we got. There's a certain amount of thrill about having wait lists that almost go to the parking lot. It was pretty smooth day.