Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average

[Debate] The general chat thread

Good news. It’s something called costrochindritis. It’s basically a músculo-skeleton inflamation, but my heart itself is okay.

Gonna be monitoring it closely. The doctor discussed doing an X-ray just to be sure, but for the time being, it looks like my heart itself is okay.

Geebus, glad it's not heart problems darth, I've seen first hand what it can do to someone (my grandfather has stints near his heart because of heart problems).

though the treatments from it have gotten way better.

you know that actually put you in suspended animation for open heart surgeries now?
insane!
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
[Image: 5.jpg]
Yep, it was altogether a very scary experience. I was worried I would end up in the hospital and was trying to think positively. Luckily I'm okay. The pain won't go away, but I don't have anything to be terribly worried about (presumably as long as the scans come back okay).

(April 25th, 2020 at 1:31 AM)Darth-Apple Wrote: Yep, it was altogether a very scary experience. I was worried I would end up in the hospital and was trying to think positively. Luckily I'm okay. The pain won't go away, but I don't have anything to be terribly worried about (presumably as long as the scans come back okay).

Well there are messages from you: Don't shock us !! But luckily not your heart. But still spare you a little, and I will annoy you less with ideas and questions

[Image: autism4all.png]
[x] <= Drive in nail here for new display!
Wow... glad its not the heart. Sucks you had to have any experience like that. Silver linings I suppose.
I'm just glad I don't need heart surgery. It's a plus in my book.

(April 26th, 2020 at 2:35 PM)Darth-Apple Wrote: I'm just glad I don't need heart surgery. It's a plus in my book.

Yeah, that would be insane. Confused
It's less bad than you think. I wouldn't wish it on anybody mind you but modern heart surgery as done here in the states is incredibly advanced. They put you in a short term suspended animation before making their repairs and can do things incredibly precise.

Hell about a decade ago they 3D printed a heart using a cellular printer and stem cells, made each component piece by piece on a biodegradable framework, assembling it as they went. Then installed the new heart and it worked without problems. Afaik the kid has had no complications.

If that's a measurement of where we are in medical technology I wouldn't worry nearly as much.
It's still an incredibly scary thing. The chances of survival would be extremely high nowadays, but I would still be incredibly nervous as I went under.

I've only been through one surgery and I was knocked out after a shot, and the last thing I remember was thinking "this shot didn't work, I'm about to be awake during my surgery." The next thing I knew, it was done and I was waking up, and I had no idea. I never remembered the falling asleep itself. I just woke up and it felt like the blink of an eye.

On my heart situation, I almost called 911, but I was worried I wouldn't be able to afford the $1K or so it is to get the ambulance ride. Insurance has ridiculously high deductables, so basically I would have been screwed. So lucky it turned out to be nothing serious.

indeed, well I'm glad you're ok darth, for the most part.
hopefully this all improves soon.
@Darth-Apple Glad to hear that you don't need any surgery, man. That sounds like some scary stuff.
[Image: meowsepaddotorg.png]
The chest pains have been better these past few days, but they have been a lot worse today for some reason. Watching them closely for the next couple of weeks just to make sure something else isn't up.

Do a little less ... set your goals a little shorter Blush

That's the plan. I gotta get through the next few weeks first. Wink

(May 1st, 2020 at 2:18 AM)Darth-Apple Wrote: That's the plan. I gotta get through the next few weeks first. Wink
Your health does not wait until next week or longer, so you have to do a little less stress now  Undecided

if you take like twelve xanax you can fast-travel about three-days into the future
not saying you should but hey if you want this week to be over with as fast as possible it's an option
Xanax - dangerous emotional anesthesia for the stressed, so why take medication? The body is designed to deal with stress

I've got some gray hairs on my head already. Stress can take a toll. Finna

That said, stress is good up until a certain extent. It pushes us forward.