Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

the dismantling of net neurality -any thoughts?

net neutrality here in the U.S. will soon to exsist -the deadline is june 11th. without NN protection, big isps like my comcast will be able to set any kind of restriction they see fit. whether its reducing times i can watch youtube videos per day or charge me .99 to view videos...or even worse, reduce my monthly data cap from 1029GB per month to 250GB per month. or even over throttle my speeds.  -but they should be made aware, if they impose special restrictions they will see influx of customers leaving for rival companies, and thats not good for business. i dont have faith nor trust in my isp. it would be shocking to see comcast actually not use any restrictions even after the deadline passes...this is my only concern

more on net neutrality issue

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-news/s...ms-n874786
Your internet situation in the US is already quite poor in comparison to us in the UK I believe, in terms of competition and speeds. I don't see many (any?) good things that could come out of this other than lining the pockets of some big ISP's a little bit more.

Wonder how it will impact global customers as much of the focus has just been on US markets.
[Image: sig1.png]
(June 3rd, 2018 at 3:58 PM)Martin Wrote: Your internet situation in the US is already quite poor in comparison to us in the UK I believe, in terms of competition and speeds. I don't see many (any?) good things that could come out of this other than lining the pockets of some big ISP's a little bit more.

Wonder how it will impact global customers as much of the focus has just been on US markets.

yup...thats comcast for you. a greedy, manipulative company. iam unsure of comparision btwn speed/competition of u.s. vs uk. markets bro
This wasn't a problem before Bet Neutrality laws were enacted, and I don't expect to see it a big issue when they remain dead. From a business perspective, it's suicide to enact those restrictions without already illegal collusion between competitors. People will flock to other competitors, and new ones may pop up to compete.

I'm a fan of letting the free market works. It does, as long as customers realize they have the choice to vote with their wallet.
(June 3rd, 2018 at 5:21 PM)Guardian Wrote: This wasn't a problem before Bet Neutrality laws were enacted, and I don't expect to see it a big issue when they remain dead. From a business perspective, it's suicide to enact those restrictions without already illegal collusion between competitors. People will flock to other competitors, and new ones may pop up to compete.

I'm a fan of letting the free market works. It does, as long as customers realize they have the choice to vote with their wallet.

I agree with this. I don't think such a big company would make such a change knowing that they would loose so many customers.
[Image: forumonic-bar.png]...............[Image: xige-logo-png-blue-sml.png]
Latest snapshots: Postbit Design - Multi Login Modal (1) - Responsive Pollbar
VSS is hoping comcast would be sensible and not enact such restrictions. they only think about making profit...not thinking or having a heart for some customers that are struggling with cable fees. i see many complaints in their support forum, mainly their customer section.
I thought comcast's biggest complaint was their crappy customer service who can't speak english clearly enough to help anybody?

in fact... they got mad at me and refused support when I asked for an AMERICAN representative... I would have been ok with a UK one but still... I speak English d*** it not hindi and I pay for english support.
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
[Image: 5.jpg]
oh ho! dont get me started on their customer service. i always encounter talking with some thick accented support person in their tech dept, which for some reason doesnt have live chat support. and most of the time while on live support talking to customer service rep, my problem doesnt always get resolved..and end up asking someone on a tech forum
(June 3rd, 2018 at 9:35 PM)VSS Wrote: oh ho! dont get me started on their customer service. i always encounter talking with some thick accented support person in their tech dept, which for some reason doesnt have live chat support. and most of the time while on live support talking to customer service rep, my problem doesnt always get resolved..and end up asking someone on a tech forum

Haha yep... they are about as incompetent as it gets! Tongue

ive seen so many complaints from customers on their support forums. almost everyday somebody's griping over this or that...and some of those threads never get answered [Image: ummm-smiley-emoticon.gif]
lol we could probably make a whole thread just with our stories of terrible ISP customer services.
(June 5th, 2018 at 6:39 AM)SpookyZalost Wrote: lol we could probably make a whole thread just with our stories of terrible ISP customer services.

[Image: mr-burns-evil-laugh-smiley-emoticon.gif]
that's weird that it's not posting, did you try using the following format? "[img]insertimagehere[/img]" without the quotes?
test

[Image: scratching-head-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Sad maybe it has to do with where the image is hosted?
(June 5th, 2018 at 8:38 AM)VSS Wrote: [Image: mr-burns-evil-laugh-smiley-emoticon.gif]

I seem to be seeing both images fine?
OT: A thread containing bad ISP Customer Service experiences would be hilarious imo. Being only 20, and living alone for only around 2 years I haven't had much contact with them but when I lived back at my mums she had countless amounts of problems. I dread the day I have a problem Finna
[Image: forumonic-bar.png]...............[Image: xige-logo-png-blue-sml.png]
Latest snapshots: Postbit Design - Multi Login Modal (1) - Responsive Pollbar
i do recall few years ago i posted my gripes on blogspot...but i dont remember the url nor the password for acct. plus noone read my blog.
oh hey the images are working for me now? interesting.