Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Joshua...

So...

Amazon bought whole foods. Definitely didn't see that one coming... Tongue

Honestly man, like, what are people's thoughts about the whole thing? Did anyone even see that one coming?

I did, but I keep up on that stuff, besides amazon's moving here...

really hoping for drone delivery of organic food to my door in the next few years Cool
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
[Image: 5.jpg]
Tried Amazon Fresh a few months back. Terribly unimpressed and unsatisfied with it. Only time will tell, but fresh food may not be something Amazon is good with.
The good news is that Whole foods is already good at it. Maybe amazon will learn something from them...

On the downside, amazon has a horrible reputation for taking care of its employees. Whole foods is in the fortune 100 top companies to work for. Hopefully that doesn't change...

I no longer work for the company, so meh... Tongue

turns out amazon is in fact planning drone delivery of food via whole foods Cool
(June 23rd, 2017 at 8:31 PM)Guardian Wrote: Tried Amazon Fresh a few months back. Terribly unimpressed and unsatisfied with it. Only time will tell, but fresh food may not be something Amazon is good with.

I've been considering trying it, but I've been on edge. What didn't you like about it?
[Image: wxBanner?bannertype=wu_clean2day_cond&ai...anguage=EN]
(June 25th, 2017 at 3:10 AM)pupper_donut Wrote: I've been considering trying it, but I've been on edge. What didn't you like about it?

Inconsistency of the 'fresh' part.

In our one and only test run:
1. Some fruit had already started to rot.
2. Other fruit was so unripe we had to wait two weeks before we could eat it, and it was still not fully ripened.
3. Some stuff was ready right away, others needed to wait a few days (again, fruit).

We really just had a bad time with fruits.
I heard a lot of good stuff about it's service in the pacific northwest, maybe they just need better QC elsewhere?
(June 25th, 2017 at 6:16 PM)SpookyZalost Wrote: I heard a lot of good stuff about it's service in the pacific northwest, maybe they just need better QC elsewhere?

Definitely in the Mid_atlantic.