Poll: Your favorite chain supermarket?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Walmart
27.27%
3 27.27%
Target
9.09%
1 9.09%
Kroger (includes CityMarket, Smith\'s, QFC, King Soopers, Dillons, etc)
9.09%
1 9.09%
Safeway (includes Pak\'n Save, Tom Thumb, Vons)
9.09%
1 9.09%
Loblaw Companies (such as RCS, Superstore, and many, many others)
0%
0 0%
H.E.B. (in Texas and New Mexico)
18.18%
2 18.18%
Sobeys (and its banners)
0%
0 0%
Other
27.27%
3 27.27%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Your favorite chain supermarket

Since we don't have any of those supermarkets here in the UK, I just had to vote for 'Other' Tongue .

Most of our shopping is done at Morrison's (because it's nearest), Sainsbury's (because it's biggest), or Marks & Spencer (because it's nicest). All three are attractive for different reasons, so it really depends what we're in the mood for!
We don't all have supermarkets, we have Penny, Hofer, Spar

[Image: autism4all.png]
[x] <= Drive in nail here for new display!
(May 12th, 2020 at 4:45 PM)Kyng Wrote: Since we don't have any of those supermarkets here in the UK, I just had to vote for 'Other' Tongue .

Most of our shopping is done at Morrison's (because it's nearest), Sainsbury's (because it's biggest), or Marks & Spencer (because it's nicest). All three are attractive for different reasons, so it really depends what we're in the mood for!

Haven't heard of any of those. The world is a different place here I suppose. Finna 

@tc4me: No supermarkets? Are there any in Vienna?

Costco or IKEA. Can't decide. Easily spent $5000 this year between them.
I didn't know you guys had Costco in Australia @s3_gunzel . We love it here. Easily one of the better supermarkets around here.

There are many in Vienna, but none that you have

(May 13th, 2020 at 3:19 AM)Darth-Apple Wrote: I didn't know you guys had Costco in Australia

There are surprisingly few Costcos in Australia, but they're amazing.
We do not know Cosco in Austria, it is too small a country

(May 13th, 2020 at 1:18 AM)Darth-Apple Wrote:
(May 12th, 2020 at 4:45 PM)Kyng Wrote: Since we don't have any of those supermarkets here in the UK, I just had to vote for 'Other' Tongue .

Haven't heard of any of those. The world is a different place here I suppose. Finna 

@tc4me: No supermarkets? Are there any in Vienna?

Yeah, we don't have a lot of the US supermarkets over here. We used to have Safeway, but they closed their UK operations in 2005, and I'm not even sure it was the same company as the US one anyway. 

As far as I'm aware, the only one that even operates over here is Walmart (they bought Asda about 20 years ago, but they never re-branded their stores as Walmart: they're still trading under the Asda name)
[Image: pkmb0Gv.png]

#ForzaJules 1989-2015
There are many in Vienna, but none that you have, we have , Spar, Metro, Merkur, Lidl,Penny

I like Walmart and Save-A-Lot the best.
[Image: wJQ6N5d.gif]
Set made by me!  [Image: tgnF3i3.gif]
(July 20th, 2020 at 8:50 PM)Kim Winchester Wrote: I like Walmart and Save-A-Lot the best.

YO SAVE-A-LOT! That was basically the only place my mom shopped when I was a kid. Good stuff.

None where I live now though.
(June 18th, 2013 at 5:37 AM)Durfsurn Wrote: We in Australia have a main food-supermarket duopoly through Coles (Westfarmers) and Woolworths (Safeway).
Then there are smaller ones like IGA and Aldi.

My favorite is IGA because it's cheap and it has all I need.

You'll never see this but idk what world you live in where IGA is cheap lol.

Oh, the upside down world.
[Image: userbar2.png]
2018 Makestation Member of the Year
July 2020 Makestation Member of the Month
December 2020 Makestation Member of the Month
2019 Makestation Member of the Year Nominee
(July 20th, 2020 at 9:16 PM)Guardian Wrote:
(July 20th, 2020 at 8:50 PM)Kim Winchester Wrote: I like Walmart and Save-A-Lot the best.

YO SAVE-A-LOT! That was basically the only place my mom shopped when I was a kid. Good stuff.

None where I live now though.

It sucks you don't have one where you live. The one place I wish we had here was Starbucks. I do like our Sheetz though.
(July 21st, 2020 at 2:11 AM)Kim Winchester Wrote: It sucks you don't have one where you live. The one place I wish we had here was Starbucks. I do like our Sheetz though.

Wow, I thought Starbucks were pretty much everywhere now. Confused
You can't find it where I live.
(July 21st, 2020 at 2:54 PM)Kim Winchester Wrote: You can't find it where I live.

That's cool, at least, if there are other options. Always good to giver others a chance I suppose.
We do have Mr. Donut as well as Sheetz. You can also get certain coffee drinks at McDonalds and Burger King.