Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Have you ever owned your own forum?

If so, feel free to post a link in this thread. Smile

-Darth Apple

I've owned many failures of forums before. I wanted to see what it was like being an admin. Though I'm pretty sure they're all down by now Tongue
I mod Paradox games. Click here to see my many adventures in doing that.

"Join the Army, see the world, meet interesting people - and kill them"
(June 11th, 2013 at 4:53 PM)t3haco link Wrote: I've owned many failures of forums before.

Isn't that the truth.
[Image: wxBanner?bannertype=wu_clean2day_cond&ai...anguage=EN]
(June 18th, 2013 at 5:07 AM)cheesesc4 link Wrote: [quote author=t3haco link=topic=149.msg1522#msg1522 date=1370969593]
I've owned many failures of forums before.

Isn't that the truth.
[/quote]
The truth hurts D:
I mod Paradox games. Click here to see my many adventures in doing that.

"Join the Army, see the world, meet interesting people - and kill them"
I have, it's a slow growing site but it's doing well! About to do some massive changes in design. Looking forward to that.  Big Grin
[Image: 3GnR8g1.jpg]
Site redesigns are always fun. Believe it or not Makestation got a massive site redesign like two days before its launch haha.

I might plan another site redesign sometime down the road. I think now is still a bit too soon haha.

I have owned many free forums (forums with no domain names), I have abandoned those.

Recently I launched another forum, this time I bought a domain name.
It seems like custom domain names help a lot these days. They allow for better SEO and the URLs are usually much easier to remember.

Yes, if you are looking for long term success you will need a domain name.

A domain name costs only around $10, every webmaster should have a domain name.
I'm very glad domains are as cheap as they are. It makes it much easier to get a website started. The only thing that annoys me is when registrars reserve certain domains and charge thousands of dollars for them. It's hard to get a good domain these days. Tongue

It will get harder to get a good domain name.

It is not a bad idea to purchase as many domain names as possible.
But of course: buysell-browse.com a phpBB forum for free classifieds advertising and promotion.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Would you ever consider using a free forum host? Darth-Apple 2 5,390 December 27th, 2013 at 8:24 PM
Last Post: Darth-Apple
  Have you ever given up on a website or forum? Darth-Apple 2 5,512 October 9th, 2013 at 2:10 AM
Last Post: AtlasWest