Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Ancient windows versions

I've recently acquired a lot of old Windows discs through very legal means (no joking). First of all, here's makestation on Windows NT 4.0:
[Image: 19Dsv4I.png]
And a real ancient version of IE Big Grin
I mod Paradox games. Click here to see my many adventures in doing that.

"Join the Army, see the world, meet interesting people - and kill them"
Wow, I had no idea it was really that bad. And makestation looks... awful on old versions of windows! Tongue

Nice thread. Big Grin

I'd like to see you even try to make that compatible with the primitive IE (and it still is primitive!)

I'm not sure if that's really possible within reason. I'm using SMF, and I'd have to rewrite all of the template files to really make that happen.

Maybe we'll get a really nice mobile version of the site at some point though.

Quit making me feel so old... I used the very first version of "Windows" ever, 1.x!

[Image: win101resize.gif]

1.x through 3.x were actually just programs for DOS that provided a graphical environment. NT 4.0 was the first one to boot directly into Windows as a separate OS, but believe it or not, 2K was the the first version that actually didn't rely on DOS and have the option to boot into it.
[Image: wxBanner?bannertype=wu_clean2day_cond&ai...anguage=EN]
I remember 2k, and it's bastard brother, Millennium Edition D:. The glory of having to put up with this mistake edition.

Millennium edition? LOL, that was worse than Vista and 8 combined. Tongue

There's a pattern of MS releases it seems. ME (bad) -> XP (great) -> Vista (bad) -> 7 (Vista Second Edtion) -> 8 (don't get me started) -> 9 will probably be not good.

They seem to alternate a bit, so you never know. Tongue

they tend to have a larger downfall than an uprise.

it'll be something like...

fantastic > bad > great > very bad > good > horrible > bad > the worst thing to happen to computers anywhere

Tongue
[Image: wxBanner?bannertype=wu_clean2day_cond&ai...anguage=EN]
Big Grin

Windows Red 2020:
IE now ADDS viruses for free! No Downloading Needed!
Err what do I put here?<br /><br />I like Minecraft? I play Minecraft? <br />I play Sim City 4? I play Sim City 4?<br />I also don't like democracy! Wink
I still use old versions of windows for compatibility sake.

currently I use a mix of xp, 8.1, 98SE and MSDOS 7.1 (the last one because it's a microsoft product).
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
[Image: 5.jpg]
I've got an XP SP2 disk on my desk at work. Big Grin
I have XP on a virtual machine. I use it from time to time for various reasons. Not often, usually for experimental purposes.

I need to get me a copy of 3.1 Tongue That was my first favorite.
(April 5th, 2020 at 3:06 PM)Guardian Wrote: I need to get me a copy of 3.1 Tongue That was my first favorite.
Hy, I have something there, Windows 3.1 and Dos, I can put a copy with you for security, I downloaded it once, if it works .... i dont no

[Image: autism4all.png]
[x] <= Drive in nail here for new display!
Oh god... Windows 3.1? Tongue

I do have it on a virtual machine somewhere. It’s... something.

(April 5th, 2020 at 3:06 PM)Guardian Wrote: I need to get me a copy of 3.1 Tongue That was my first favorite.

How about 3.11 for Workgroups?

https://www.instagram.com/p/B65dKipnfQw/

(The joke being that apparently these trains - released 2002 - run on Windows 3.11 for Workgroups)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does anyone else think Firefox is going through new versions a bit fast? Darth-Apple 3 7,496 December 27th, 2013 at 8:12 PM
Last Post: zoldos