Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Living Cyberpunk.

yeah, I did a good cleaning with compressed air and an anti-static brush dipped in isopropyl for the connectors.

a damp cloth for the case it's self as well as the fans.

I do that about every 2 years on all my machines and it turns out well.
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
[Image: 5.jpg]
New patches for the patch jacket
[Image: VOEkOns_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium]
Update: there's the entire jacket so far.
[Image: 32Xh437_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium]
Got another patch in the mail.

ended up being larger than I thought and I'm not sure where to put it.

[Image: GDZA176l.jpg]

I'm saving the back for a special set of patches though, and some embroidery so it has to go somewhere on the front, too big to fit on the sleeves properly.

I've another patch I want to sew on first so maybe I'll put this one on once that one is on since I know where I want to put it.

edit: other patch:

[Image: Vj8skVAl.png]

Yes I'm a fan of anime Tongue EXPLOSION!!!!
Nice! You should put some dye on it and customize it.

Looks good!

I want to sew the anime char patch on the pocket opposite the one with the cassette tape.

beyond that I'm kinda scratching my head regarding the TP one lol.

Wish I'd know about this one.

[Image: qw9iVoom.jpg]

there's 2 references there, the first is of course konosuba (megumin).

the second one though is an old movie by the name of "Dr Strange love, or how I learned to love the atomic bomb."
Looks good! Did you dye it yourself?

nah I've been ordering my patches, my skill is sadly not nearly good enough to make patches lol.

Update: got another one sewed on.
[Image: emEIGGXl.jpg]
got my next patch sewed on.

[Image: CIJjM6dl.jpg]
Very nice! Looking good

this one was a bit easier to sew on, the backing was velcro instead of iron on and was a lot easier to get the needle through, still I'm excited for it, got a couple more patches coming in the mail, for the opposite side of the jacket.
Nice!

When you say opposite side, are you referring to the back or the left? Are they relatively symmetrical so far on the front?

(April 21st, 2020 at 11:06 PM)SpookyZalost Wrote: Got another patch in the mail.
ended up being larger than I thought and I'm not sure where to put it.
[Image: GDZA176l.jpg]
I'm saving the back for a special set of patches though, and some embroidery so it has to go somewhere on the front, too big to fit on the sleeves properly.
I've another patch I want to sew on first so maybe I'll put this one on once that one is on since I know where I want to put it.

very good, 9/10

(April 21st, 2020 at 11:06 PM)SpookyZalost Wrote: edit: other patch:
[Image: Vj8skVAl.png]
Yes I'm a fan of anime Tongue EXPLOSION!!!!

wow you picked the worst girl 
darkness best girl ;p

i think i got an old jean jacket somewhere, i should probably start my own embroidery and patchwork, looks p cool
atm all i've got are a f*** of pins and keychains lol, my key set is like 80% anime and 20% keys lmao
its sad that the acrylic ones sometimes break especially since they're a lot bigger. need to get more silicone ones.
(April 27th, 2020 at 11:07 PM)Darth-Apple Wrote: Nice!

When you say opposite side, are you referring to the back or the left? Are they relatively symmetrical so far on the front?

the left side lol.

I'm saving the back for something specific when my skill gets a bit higher.

I want to do an hourglass with a pair of mechanical wings on the back, latin on the top and bottom, and the wiccan moon phase symbols across the bottom.

around that will be more patches lol.

the left and right are more or less even but I've found that asymmetry actually looks cooler.

(April 27th, 2020 at 11:09 PM)Lain Wrote: wow you picked the worst girl 
darkness best girl ;p

i think i got an old jean jacket somewhere, i should probably start my own embroidery and patchwork, looks p cool
atm all i've got are a f*** of pins and keychains lol, my key set is like 80% anime and 20% keys lmao
its sad that the acrylic ones sometimes break especially since they're a lot bigger. need to get more silicone ones.

Do it! it's a lot of fun and you end up with something unique and with a lot of meaning when you do finally finish it.
(April 27th, 2020 at 11:14 PM)SpookyZalost Wrote: Do it! it's a lot of fun and you end up with something unique and with a lot of meaning when you do finally finish it.

yeah honestly i should
my school also has a patch-making machine in their makerspace, so i could even make them for free basically.
that being said, it's pretty buggy and screws up a lot, so maybe i'll need to tinker with it myself before actually making anything...

pictured: GF tried to make a patch of some anime school crest for a cosplay she was making, and allegedly she got farther than most other people who tried using the machine:

[Image: qVsAGTq.jpg]

notice the crumpling in the middle, loose threading for the gold/orange, and really rough/inconsistent borders?

although especially for the borders, it really might just boil down to the fact that the base fabric has a very low thread count so there are a lot less discrete spots to thread the, uh, thread. not to mention the thread also looks like it's not entirely consistent with its own width. so it might not be machine error, but just the fact that the school stocks cheap supplies to work with in order to keep everything free for students. i'll have to play around with it all once everything opens back up, maybe in late august if we're lucky here.
@Lain from what I understand your guess seems about right though the crumpling is why most people who embroider use embroidery hoops, it keeps the base fabric stiff so they can sew into it without that crumpling.
I don't know a lot about custom embroidery though, but I have a sewing machine that can do embroidery and I plan to learn how to make it myself over the summer.
Got another patch sewed on
[Image: qHgmprxl.jpg]

Because why not? Lol.

I love Dr who.
figured this was better posted on my user blog.

got this in today, It works! no issues mechanically or electronically, I'll be hooking it up to some speakers tomorrow and making any needed adjustments.
after a bit of TLC and an inspection I plugged it into the family car's auxiliary power port (cigarette lighter socket), the thing lit up and began trying to play the tape I plugged into it, no weird sounds, magic smoke, etc....
[Image: JmCY6mEl.jpg] [Image: edeWSMHl.jpg]

have to say though, my favorite part of this, besides the nice mechanical clunk it makes when you plug tapes into it as well as when it changes tracks. along with the heaviness of the mechanism... it's Woodgrain!
side note, that 8 track cassette is the Eagles album one of these nights, the last song on "program" 4 is journey of the sorcerer, which is the theme used in hitchhikers guide to the galaxy.
I finished hand sewing a back patch on a vest I made by cutting the sleeves off a jean jacket.
[Image: YftMKecl.jpg]