Poll: Ideal cell phone screen size
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Tablets will replace cell phones
0%
0 0%
I prefer larger screens
66.67%
2 66.67%
I prefer smaller screens/form factors
0%
0 0%
I don't care
33.33%
1 33.33%
What's a smartphone?
0%
0 0%
Total 3 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Cell phone screen sizes

I recently switched away from my old iPhone 4 (with its small screen) in favor of the HTC m8. I have to say, there was a lot to be said about the iPhone's small form factor. It was very comfortable to hold in my hand and fit very nicely in my pocket. However, the small screen size made some things very hard to read on the screen, and typing was not the easiest. I'm sure the iPhone 5.x models were a little easier to use in terms of typing and reading text while keeping a unique form factor, but I can't say much considering I've only ever used the iPhone 4. Tongue

I have to say, the large screen on the m8 is pretty nice, however. It's not gigantic. I've seen phones that are a good bit larger, but the m8's screen is definitely large enough to type more comfortably and to read what is on the screen. Perhaps I'm just a little biased towards the large screen on the m8 because its design so happens to make it very comfortable to hold, but so far, I have to say that having the larger screen space has definitely been worth it for me.

What is your opinion? Do you prefer smaller phones that are easy to hold, or larger phones with larger screens for better usability? Be sure to vote in the poll!

I like to stay within 5 inches for usability's sake. I'm used to riding a bike, and the mere notion of my phone falling out of my pocket...brrrrr.

WHERES MAH FAONE NAO

Edit:
The ones who vote for "What's a smartphone?" need to die.

I feel like the larger ones are actually easier to keep track of and less likely to fall out. I worry more about my M8 than I did my iPhone because the M8 is so much thinner, but if the overall depth was the same... (then again, a thick phone of the size of the M8 would be a horrible form factor. Tongue)

(October 15th, 2014 at 5:23 PM)Electric2Shock Wrote: The ones who vote for "What's a smartphone?" need to die.

Now now, let's be nice xD. Tongue

eh personally as long as I can attach a keyboard and type in a command line I don't really care about screen size... Tongue hacker flip phone ftw, if only Sad

meh I'm sure with linux, a basic cell phone kit, a pi zero, and a few other things I could probably engineer one that only uses 3 or 4 text lines on a LED matrix or something for ultra long battery usage, but honestly right now I'm content with my cheap android, it does what i need it to, costs little, and I can use the command line with a little tweaking.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [US] Cell Provider Darth-Apple 14 6,370 August 1st, 2020 at 1:01 AM
Last Post: Thomas
  Rate your cell service provider Darth-Apple 26 36,835 November 28th, 2019 at 7:49 PM
Last Post: SpookyZalost
  Windows phone actually worth checking out? Darth-Apple 8 11,535 May 22nd, 2019 at 7:01 PM
  How often do you get Cell Phones? Tyler 11 24,008 June 3rd, 2017 at 4:57 AM