Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Apologies for the downtime

You may have noticed we were down for a good part of the morning. I was pretty busy doing a server reinstall, which was long necessary for security and for stability reasons. Most things should be up and running now, and you may notice some speed improvements as well.

In case you're wondering where things are as far as makestation on MyBB 1.8 is concerned, here is a preview. Big Grin

[Image: ro8uYXl.jpg]

Looking Good! ^_^
d***, man that looks awesome

Thanks for the feedback. Big Grin

I'm pretty much just waiting on 1.8.1 to go ahead and perform the upgrade. 1.8.0 is too buggy at this point to take that risk. Tongue

Better safe than sorry. Tongue
(October 6th, 2014 at 12:32 AM)Clayton Wrote: Better safe than sorry. Tongue

True dat. Looks like 1.8.1 will be out pretty soon though. Big Grin

What do you guys think of this? Similar to the last screenshot, but with some header edits and some edits to the forum boards layouts. Still needs some improvements, but I'm honestly starting to feel like the theme is going somewhere. Definitely a far cry from the original version that I had made for this. Tongue

[Image: mP4BMkU.jpg]
(click for full size)

That theme is definitely better than the original version.

Haha thanks. I'm surprised I even liked the original one at this point. Tongue

To be honest, I really like the theme that has been in use here because of its brighter colors, and the homepage not feeling bland is going to be the hardest part. I may try to accent it with some brighter colors and see how it goes. I did replace the header background pattern again to look a little better on a range of devices, so we shall see.

The preview shown above is probably what the new MS is going to look like, for the most part. I did my best to preserve the general layout and design of the theme while making some improvements based on MyBB 1.8. Big Grin

I've uploaded the theme with its current progress over at http://chatcave.me/forum/ if you're interested in checking it out. Not a whole lot has changed since the last screenshot, but hey, why not? Tongue

For those who are design nerds like me, what are your thoughts? If you're OCD about anything in particular, feel free to give me a hard time here. Big Grin

The logo is blurry. You could put some hover effects on the menu at the very top. You missed the search icon's positioning by a few pixels.

On collapsing a tborder, we get this glitch. http://someimage.com/2XgfiDD
You also didn't modify the collapse icons.

The background color on hover at the bottom stats looks pale and sickly.

1) Yeah, the logo looks terrible. I need to get a new one entirely for it. I think it's about the fourth time I did a cheap edit to that logo to make it work for the theme. (So far the website design has obviously not been the emphasis at Chatcave, in case that wasn't already clear lol. Tongue)

2) I didn't notice the search icon being off. Thanks for pointing that out.

3) That's a known issue that I plan on fixing at some point. I probably just need to implement another way of putting that table footer on there, since the footer itself isn't collapsing. I've actually been contemplating redoing the forumbits entirely to make them look a little simpler and more modern.

4) Hmm, I didn't notice. Then again, my otherwise great laptop does have a cheap screen and the colors don't look great. Thanks for pointing that out. Tongue

Thanks for the feedback.

You wanted a hard time. I tried, but I was having a hard time myself.

(October 19th, 2014 at 4:18 PM)Electric2Shock Wrote: You wanted a hard time. I tried, but I was having a hard time myself.

What do you mean? Tongue

I now realise it has two meaning. I wanted to give you a hard time, but I had a hard time giving you a hard time. OTOH, I myself was literally having a hard time at the time of trying to give you a hard time.

(October 19th, 2014 at 5:37 PM)Electric2Shock Wrote: I now realise it has two meaning. I wanted to give you a hard time, but I had a hard time giving you a hard time. OTOH, I myself was literally having a hard time at the time of trying to give you a hard time.

xD, well now I will give you a hard time for having a hard time giving me a hard time. Have a nice day. Tongue

(October 19th, 2014 at 5:58 PM)Darth-Apple Wrote: Have a nice day.

Are you freaking serious? I've had like the worst day of my week. And its Monday!

(October 20th, 2014 at 3:54 PM)Electric2Shock Wrote:
(October 19th, 2014 at 5:58 PM)Darth-Apple Wrote: Have a nice day.

Are you freaking serious? I've had like the worst day of my week. And its Monday!

Happy monday. Tongue

....no

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Brief Downtime Darth-Apple 1 2,139 March 28th, 2020 at 10:29 AM
Last Post: cunning