Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average

[MyBB Plugin] Board Announcements Manager (For 1.6 and 1.8)

I looked over both files. These look fantastic. The only thing that I saw that was missing was a string related to the custom class field:

Code:
['bam_remove_custom_class'] .= "<br /><br />Example: \"blue my_custom_class\" &nbsp;&nbsp; (separate multiple classes by spaces)<br />";
$l['bam_remove_custom_class'] .= "Built in classes: red, blue, yellow, green, magenta, orange, silver <br/><br />";

That particular string is very rarely shown, so it's completely fine as is. It's otherwise perfect.

Would you be okay if we upload the translation on the official MyBB Mod Site upload? With a credit to you, of course. Smile

Yes Yes Yesyou can publish it:

If you want, change that to

but I didn't want to translate the color names into German because of the javascript

Code:
$l['bam_remove_custom_class'] .= "<br /><br />Beispiel: \"blue my_custom_class\" &nbsp;&nbsp; (Trennen Sie mehrere Grundfarben durch Leerzeichen)<br />";

$l['bam_remove_custom_class'] .= "Die Grundfarben: red, blue, yellow, green, magenta, orange, silver <br /><br />";

[Image: autism4all.png]
[x] <= Drive in nail here for new display!
Unfortunately the colors will pretty much have to stay as far as the color names themselves. That’s a good point. We would have to translate the CSS class names themselves to do that, which would involve modifying some stuff deeper in the plugin.

I’ll publish it this weekend. Awesome work!

(March 27th, 2020 at 4:01 PM)Darth-Apple Wrote: I looked over both files. These look fantastic. The only thing that I saw that was missing was a string related to the custom class field:

Code:
['bam_remove_custom_class'] .= "<br /><br />Example: \"blue my_custom_class\" &nbsp;&nbsp; (separate multiple classes by spaces)<br />";
$l['bam_remove_custom_class'] .= "Built in classes: red, blue, yellow, green, magenta, orange, silver <br/><br />";

That particular string is very rarely shown, so it's completely fine as is. It's otherwise perfect.

Would you be okay if we upload the translation on the official MyBB Mod Site upload? With a credit to you, of course. Smile

(March 27th, 2020 at 4:37 PM)Darth-Apple Wrote: Unfortunately the colors will pretty much have to stay as far as the color names themselves. That’s a good point. We would have to translate the CSS class names themselves to do that, which would involve modifying some stuff deeper in the plugin.

I’ll publish it this weekend. Awesome work!
Thank you, thank you, gladly, what is it all about? Credit for me? what ist This ?  Confused Huh

I’ll put a note saying “German translation by TC4ME at autism4all.at” or something similar. Smile

:-) Thanks, but that's nice

Hello @Darth-Apple , is there still an update Bam 3 or something? If only a suggestion.

A headline / header above the announcement after that dividing line,

which is also entered via the input field in Acp. If or if the admin does not enter a heading, then it should look like the BAM 2. I just did it in the template as it might look. Would only be an idea of mine :-)

look in the test forum

greets Tc4me

Attached Files Image(s)

two things: first is there any way to have the text be aligned through configuration instead of having it text-align: center

second the dismal button "x" doesn't seem to invoke anything - it doesn't dismiss - any clues?
@tc4me: Looks good! I'll look into it. I will say we may opt for tags to do something of this sort, only because modifying the database fields to add multiple announcement text fields can make the upgrade process very difficult. But I'll look into something of the sort. Smile

@saucerman: I'd be interested in looking into this issue personally. Do you have a forum URL I can check? I'm not able to reproduce the issue here, but we should be able to figure out what it is and resolve!

Also, the text-align is something we've considered changing in the past. I'll add a setting in 2.1 for this.

so I found the problem with the script not invoking...there was a conflict in the  .ready(function and it was throwing a js error...to get around this I simply changed in your script include file all your "$("  to "jQuery(" and it worked like a charm.  Since many js libraries use $ as a function/variable to avoid the conflict I used jQuery.  you cannot guarantee that a function name is unique so it's best to use it's reference.
(May 9th, 2020 at 12:38 AM)saucerman Wrote: so I found the problem with the script not invoking...there was a conflict in the  .ready(function and it was throwing a js error...to get around this I simply changed in your script include file all your "$("  to "jQuery(" and it worked like a charm.  Since many js libraries use $ as a function/variable to avoid the conflict I used jQuery.  you cannot guarantee that a function name is unique so it's best to use it's reference.

Thank you for testing and resolving this. I will include the fix in a future version. Smile

@Darth-Apple great thx

A few minor bugs have been reported over the past several months. Most of them are trivial, but they've added up to where I'm ready to push a 2.1 maintenance release in the next couple of weeks.
  • Fix database query error on a very specific template directive/tag if the database prefix is nonstandard
  • Fix mouse pointer/hover on dismiss button
  • Add [@forums:1,2,...] tag to override default functionality of forum display setting (the override disables display on editpost, newreply, and newthread.php. This is an unofficial easter-egg feature for very specific needs)
  • Adjust alignment of icons in ACP
  • [Todo] Change "Announcement Link" setting functionality if it is used in conjuction with MyCode
  • [Todo] Fix "list" mycode functionality

I'm pushing changes to github and will be testing shortly. Although no major new features will be added, the window is still open for additional fixes or minor additions. Is there anything useful that anyone else can think of before pushing the 2.1 release?

Great, I'm looking forward to it :-) thank you Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  why or by which plugin Mybb hacked? tc4me 8 3,772 February 19th, 2021 at 5:08 AM
Last Post: tc4me
  [MyBB Plugin] Average Profile Ratings Darth-Apple 8 5,350 October 22nd, 2020 at 6:41 AM
  Simple Reputation Bars [MyBB Plugin] Darth-Apple 7 4,289 October 22nd, 2020 at 4:25 AM
  MyBB Post Activity Plugin Guardian 8 5,515 May 3rd, 2020 at 7:36 PM