Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average

[MyBB Plugin] Board Announcements Manager (For 1.6 and 1.8)

I just finished a full on round of as much penetration testing as possible. Tried throwing script, onchanges, onclicks, rogue characters, whatever I could think of. Did it in the class fields, in the ACP, in the announcement, in the usergroup fields, and anywhere else that I could possibly think of. Things that take numeric values even, things that aren't even the announcement.

It even sanitizes the username if a user's username is javascript. MyBB doesn't even allow this, but if they found a way to change their username to javascript characters and tried to run it past the {username} tag, BAM won't even let this one past.

It passed with flying colors. This thing has full support for HTML for everything except javascript and rogue stuff. Finna

The original BAM, before it was even BAM: It's come a long way... Finna

[limg]http://makestation.net/imagehost/images/4qeRm.png[/limg]

Just a heads up since I see you testing marquees:
1. Marquee is deprecated so support can end any day now. Probably won't anytime soon, but even though I hate JS, it might be your most stable/reliable solution.
2. The marquee is delayed to start and skips before it finishes because of text-align:center. Remove that/keep default alignment when using marquees and it'll look normal.
3. Marquees don't look great when the text kinda disappears into nowhere, but you can make it look a little cooler with box-shadows and border-left/border-right properties.
People request it a lot on the MyBB forums for some odd reason. It's not even a documented feature. More of a "hey, already did that" Finna

I'm probably going to end up scrapping it. It's not working with the jquery slidedown for some reason. I'm surprised it even worked at all before.

It's been released! Thank you guys so much for the feedback. Y'all have made BAM 2.0 possible! Smile

Excellent! Will reinstall the latest version tonight. Excellent plugin. Cool
Smile 
Hello everyone here. I am new here in the forum, sorry, my english is not very good but hope you can buy me.
I come from Austria and created a Mybb forum, it is about autistic children, because my 5 year old son is autistic.
But now a question about this great addon, BAM, I would like to use marquee, how can I use it Huh thanks for your help lg Tc
Hello TC4M4. Welcome to the forums, and I’m glad you like the plugin!

We initially added a marquee, but it’s a deprecated feature in HTML and had a conflict with the slide down effect. It was removed before release due to compatibility issues. I’ll provide a post on how to add one later this afternoon when I’m off from work!

Regards,
-Darth Apple

(March 18th, 2020 at 1:39 PM)Darth-Apple Wrote: Hello TC4M4. Welcome to the forums, and I’m glad you like the plugin!

We initially added a marquee, but it’s a deprecated feature in HTML and had a conflict with the slide down effect. It was removed before release due to compatibility issues. I’ll provide a post on how to add one later this afternoon when I’m off from work!

Regards,
-Darth Apple
Hy, super thanks! Would be happy if I can insert or try again. Thanks Regards, Tc
This can be done with MyCode without much trouble. I've tested it here and verified that it works! The only issue is that there is a conflict with the slide down effect when doing this. You’ll have to go to BAM’s settings and disable the “slidedown effect” or the marquee won’t work. 

Go to ACP -> Configuration -> MyCode, and add a new MyCode. 

Code:
Name: Marquee (or whatever you choose)
Regular Expression: \[marquee\](.*?)\[/marquee\]
Replacement: <marquee direction="left" scrollspeed="14">$1</marquee>

Make sure that there are no blank lines after these in the text boxes. Once this is done, you can use:

Code:
[marquee]your marquee text[/marquee]

in your announcement to create the marquee. 

I was going to include this in the final release, but the slidedown conflict caused some issues. As long as the slide down is disabled, this will work as expected! Let me know if you experience any issues. Smile

Regards,
-Darth Apple

Wink  Thank you, I'll put that in, you'll find a final solution that works both together :-) Greets Tc
(March 19th, 2020 at 5:01 AM)tc4m4 Wrote: Wink  Thank you, I'll put that in, you'll find a final solution that works both together :-) Greets Tc

Hello, as it said, with slidedown on, the marquee doesn't work.

Unfortunately I can NOT programming, but I have now changed something in the template bam_announcement, the disadvantage, slide down on or off does not matter, disadvantage, every announcement is in Marquee. I know it's a very old script, but maybe it will help you. Greeds Tc

first I tried that
replaced the content of the bam_announcement
Code:
<p class="{$bam_unsticky} {$class}" id="announcement-{$bcprefix}{$announcement_id}">{$announcement}  <span class="bam_date">{$date}<span class='close_bam_announcement {$display_close}'>x</span></p>

with this
Code:
<p class="{$bam_unsticky} {$class}" id="announcement-{$bcprefix}{$announcement_id}"><marquee behavior="scroll" direction="right" onmouseover="this.stop();" onmouseout="this.start();">{$announcement} <span class="bam_date">{$date}</span></marquee><span class='close_bam_announcement {$display_close}'>x</span></p>

that's how it worked, I then set the template back to the original code, and then I replaced your code with the one in mycode

Code:
Replacement: <marquee direction="left" scrollspeed="14">$1</marquee>

to
Code:
Replacement: <marquee behavior="scroll" direction="right" onmouseover="this.stop();" onmouseout="this.start();">$1</marquee>

if you now move your mouse over it, the marquee also starts with slidedown on :-)

i'm from Austria, sorry from my bad english, this is my school english, and that was a very, very long time ago
Hmm... Interesting. I wasn't able to figure out why this particular method wasn't working, but there's another way that should work as well:
  • 1. Enable HTML in BAM's settings (setting #2)
  • 2. Leave slidedown off (as before)
  • Put the following into a new announcement:

Code:
<marquee behavior="scroll" direction="right" onmouseover="this.stop();" onmouseout="this.start();"> YOUR MARQUEE TEXT </marquee>

I put it at the top of this thread to test it. Does it work at the top of this page on your web browser? (Checking this because Marquees are deprecated and no longer supported, so they can act strangely on some browsers.)

Regards,
-Darth Apple Smile

Windows 10 Pro , for me it works with Browser Google Crome & Opera & Firefox 64 and Cliqz => it works

Tc  Smile
Awesome, glad to hear it!

Let me know if you have any further questions, and I wish you good luck on your community. Smile
-Darth Apple

Hy, I've converted your English as much as possible into a German language pack german_sie german_du,

Attached Files
.php   deutsch_sie_bam.lang.php (Size: 25.42 KB / Downloads: 162)
.php   deutsch_du_bam.lang.php (Size: 25.13 KB / Downloads: 169)

[Image: autism4all.png]
[x] <= Drive in nail here for new display!
Awesome, thanks for having it translated! We had a couple translations for the original version that got posted on various international MyBB support forums.

If you’d like, you’re more than welcome to bundle the translation with the plugin and post it on the German MyBB support forum! I’ll add it to the main site and give you a credit for the translation! Smile

What’s your username on the MyBB support forum?

Yes, if I find time and my English is sufficient, I translate what is possible: My name on Mybb German is also tc4me :-)

[Image: autism4all.png]
[x] <= Drive in nail here for new display!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  why or by which plugin Mybb hacked? tc4me 8 3,471 February 19th, 2021 at 5:08 AM
Last Post: tc4me
  [MyBB Plugin] Average Profile Ratings Darth-Apple 8 5,129 October 22nd, 2020 at 6:41 AM
  Simple Reputation Bars [MyBB Plugin] Darth-Apple 7 4,080 October 22nd, 2020 at 4:25 AM
  MyBB Post Activity Plugin Guardian 8 5,277 May 3rd, 2020 at 7:36 PM