Makestation
Any Simcity fans here? - Printable Version

+- Makestation (https://makestation.net)
+-- Forum: Makestation Community Related (https://makestation.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Forum: Simmania (https://makestation.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=105)
+--- Thread: Any Simcity fans here? (/showthread.php?tid=410)

Any Simcity fans here? - Darth-Apple - August 23rd, 2013

I don't really play the game very much anymore, but Simcity 4 and Simcity 3000 were definitely classics for sure. Unfortunately the new game has kindof crashed and burned.

Anyone else a fan of what is probably the most popular PC simulation game of its kind to exist?

RE: Any Simcity fans here? - Marc - August 24th, 2013

I read the negative reviews about the new game on the Internet as well. Servers were always down and it was day 1 of release. Talk about angry customers. I might have wanted a refund if the game needed an Internet connection to play (I heard that there was no offline play).

To be honest, I'm not really a fan of SimCity games. I played a couple of the old games, however, it's not the type of game that I'm interested in. For a start, there are no people. You can only build buildings, roads, you name it and the game will build it. I'm more of a Sims fan - the one with people.

Sims 3 is one of my favorite games. I've also played the Midieval version on my iPad which was fun. The only Sims game with people that I never really liked was Sims Free Play for Android and iOS. You literally have to wait for an action to be completed. Taking a long shower takes 45 minutes, x_X

RE: Any Simcity fans here? - Gmdykfuiygh66476 - August 24th, 2013

I love TS3 too. I can't wait for TS4.. though the graphics on that one look sort of horrible Tongue

RE: Any Simcity fans here? - Acko - August 26th, 2013

(August 24th, 2013 at 12:10 AM)Marc Wrote: Taking a long shower takes 45 minutes, x_X
Perfect emulation of real life showers!

RE: Any Simcity fans here? - Darth-Apple - August 26th, 2013

My definition of a "long shower" is about 2 hours. xD

RE: Any Simcity fans here? - simlink - August 26th, 2013

(August 24th, 2013 at 12:10 AM)Marc Wrote: Sims 3 is one of my favorite games. I've also played the Midieval version on my iPad which was fun. The only Sims game with people that I never really liked was Sims Free Play for Android and iOS. You literally have to wait for an action to be completed. Taking a long shower takes 45 minutes, x_X

The Sims 3 is one of my favourite games too! Big Grin I've been playing the franchise since the original came out... so over 13 years now. Tongue It's funny how it doesn't feel like it has been that long. Each version has its advantages over the others. I really like the create-a-style tool in TS3...

I also just love how it can take an hour to get from the living room to the bedroom. Tongue

RE: Any Simcity fans here? - AtlasWest - September 19th, 2013

I am a HUGE fan of the Sim City series. I first became addicted with Sim City 2000, poured countless hours into Sim City 4, and well... I do play the new Sim City. However, recently it no longer lets me play one of my cities anymore after pouring hours into it, it was a big disappointment. The new Sim City would be way better if the maps were bigger.

RE: Any Simcity fans here? - Darth-Apple - September 19th, 2013

(September 19th, 2013 at 8:08 AM)AtlasWest Wrote: The new Sim City would be way better if the maps were bigger.

As soon as they increase the map size, I think I'll be more willing to consider the new game. Right now, because I always love building larger cities, the small map size is extremely limiting.

We'll see what EA does. They do seem to be working very hard to improve the new game, and I think it has a lot of potential to be great if they fix the key things that their customers don't like about it (such as the map sizes).

RE: Any Simcity fans here? - AtlasWest - September 20th, 2013

(September 19th, 2013 at 10:08 AM)Darth-Apple Wrote:
(September 19th, 2013 at 8:08 AM)AtlasWest Wrote: The new Sim City would be way better if the maps were bigger.

As soon as they increase the map size, I think I'll be more willing to consider the new game. Right now, because I always love building larger cities, the small map size is extremely limiting.

We'll see what EA does. They do seem to be working very hard to improve the new game, and I think it has a lot of potential to be great if they fix the key things that their customers don't like about it (such as the map sizes).

The game has improved tremendously since launch. I bought it when it was released, and I felt burnt with not being able to join any region. I didn't play the game for a few months after that. I recently started playing again, and installed all the updates and it's a lot better now. But yeah, then I run out of space on maps.

RE: Any Simcity fans here? - Darth-Apple - September 20th, 2013

(September 20th, 2013 at 2:05 AM)AtlasWest Wrote:
(September 19th, 2013 at 10:08 AM)Darth-Apple Wrote:

The game has improved tremendously since launch. I bought it when it was released, and I felt burnt with not being able to join any region. I didn't play the game for a few months after that. I recently started playing again, and installed all the updates and it's a lot better now. But yeah, then I run out of space on maps.

Yeah it seems to have improved a lot. As soon as the map sizes are larger again, I think it will be a great game hands down. Not much you can do in a city tile that's equivalent to 1 square mile in real life. That's like simneighborhood. Tongue

RE: Any Simcity fans here? - simlink - November 8th, 2013

So they (Maxis/EA) officially confirmed larger map sizes are NOT happening. Soo... :\

RE: Any Simcity fans here? - Darth-Apple - November 8th, 2013

Yeah I heard... that basically destroys any chance that the game will actually be enjoyable for a large percentage of fans out there. :\

RE: Any Simcity fans here? - Gmdykfuiygh66476 - November 12th, 2013

EA seems to have become as stubborn as a mule..

RE: Any Simcity fans here? - Thomas - November 13th, 2013

I enjoy SimCity 4

RE: Any Simcity fans here? - zoldos - December 27th, 2013

I love the new Simcity 5. Highly updated graphics and all. Just wish you could build a bigger city. I've never a problem getting on the servers. I also played the original 1989 release of Simcity. Probably one of my all time favs.

RE: Any Simcity fans here? - Darth-Apple - December 28th, 2013

I do hope that Simcity 5 eventually allows for bigger city tiles. Although the original launch seemed to be a massive failure, the game seems to have picked up a bit recently, but the city size is still a huge setback in my opinion. It's hard to do much with only one square mile of space.