Makestation
Possibly the longest thread ever created - Printable Version

+- Makestation (https://makestation.net)
+-- Forum: Area 52 (https://makestation.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Forum Games (https://makestation.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=40)
+--- Thread: Possibly the longest thread ever created (/showthread.php?tid=34)

RE: Possibly the longest thread ever created - Darth Makestation - February 7th, 2020

Correct count: 3185

I am groot.

RE: Possibly the longest thread ever created - SpookyZalost - February 7th, 2020

You are moot

Think I got it to stop until something can be figured out as the cause.

RE: Possibly the longest thread ever created - Darth-Apple - February 7th, 2020

Hey guys,

This thing is (intended as) a new bot that posts the correct count (based on reply count) in the board every so often, on certain keywords. It has a few easter eggs around the forum games section. There are also a couple of planned forum games that depend on the bot to respond, so there are a lot of very interesting possibilities with it that are being tested out.

So far, however, "groot" done goofed. It went a little rogue in this thread. So, for the time being, until he's configured, he's banned. Finna

We'll do a recount and verify the right counts. 3187 is the correct count, but it's returning 3188 or other odd numbers. So, for the time being, we'll keep it at 3220!

RE: Possibly the longest thread ever created - Guardian - February 7th, 2020

That's hilarious! Tongue

RE: Possibly the longest thread ever created - SpookyZalost - February 8th, 2020

Now I'm more confused, we had a big issue with the thread being off, shouldn't the number on the right side be accurate? Or was it thrown off by spambots and crap?

And there's a missing post throwing it off by one...

RE: Possibly the longest thread ever created - Guardian - February 8th, 2020

Probably spam posts or other posts that got deleted. I remember there being a time when there were issues with people posting nonsense and everything got out of count somehow. Not sure... how the discrepancy got that bad though.

RE: Possibly the longest thread ever created - brian51 - February 8th, 2020

I will grab this Mini Smile

RE: Possibly the longest thread ever created - Guardian - February 8th, 2020

RE: Possibly the longest thread ever created - SpookyZalost - February 9th, 2020

RE: Possibly the longest thread ever created - brian51 - February 9th, 2020

Nice progress !

RE: Possibly the longest thread ever created - Darth-Apple - February 11th, 2020

3229. Added a new BAM+ Announcements manager feature. Take a look at the top of this thread... Finna

@SpookyZalost

RE: Possibly the longest thread ever created - SpookyZalost - February 11th, 2020

Darth: it is unfortunate that the actual total doesn't match the post number due to spammers though.

also... awesome!

RE: Possibly the longest thread ever created - Darth-Apple - February 11th, 2020

Well...see, we can fix that... stay tuned.

RE: Possibly the longest thread ever created - brian51 - February 11th, 2020

interesting number Smile

Darth i think in your, ... post your count number is wrong right ?

RE: Possibly the longest thread ever created - Guardian - February 11th, 2020

Sweet!

3239. (wrong number on purpose. Testing)

I got it done! Take a look at the banner. Tongue

It will extract the number from the last ~10 posts in the thread, and display the correct count based on them. If there is something that isn't consecutive, it tries to fix it by doing some stuff under the hood. The downside is that once we get off track, we're off track for good. Haven't quite figured that out yet. Finna

RE: Possibly the longest thread ever created - Guardian - February 12th, 2020

Very nice work!