Makestation
CBD oil - Printable Version

+- Makestation (https://makestation.net)
+-- Forum: Area 52 (https://makestation.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Current Events (https://makestation.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: CBD oil (/showthread.php?tid=1842)

Pages: 1 2

CBD oil - Darth-Apple - September 3rd, 2017

CBD oil is basically a marajuana derived product, without the THC, the known agent to cause the effects of the high. CBD acts upon certain neurotransmitters and basically has the same calming and anti-anxiety effects, without the negatives of the psychoactive components of the drug. 

It's completely legal in my state, and while it's not cheap, I got my hand on some, and I can say it works like no other. I'm truly pretty impressed. 

Anyone else ever tried similar products or have anything to say? (@leo, curious what your thoughts areTongue )

RE: CBD oil - SpookyZalost - September 3rd, 2017

I really don't care, I'm allergic to marijuana pollen and get hives when I come in contact with it...

but I am as always pro anything that improves quality of life with as few negatives as possible so long as it's not abused.

RE: CBD oil - Guardian - September 3rd, 2017

Haven't tried it (fortunately healthy), but people that have used it have had amazing results. All for it!

RE: CBD oil - brian51 - September 3rd, 2017

CBD also stand for central Business district ..

as in big cities like in sim city 4 Smile

RE: CBD oil - Darth-Apple - September 3rd, 2017

It's actually fairly hard to really abuse this stuff. People say it's addictive, but it turns out to be an excellent treatment for people with addictions to other substances to curb their urges. It's a natural-derived medicine that has documented effects in helping people with anxiety, cancer treatment, insomnia, schizophrenia, and even autism.

It's actually a lot less harmful than a lot of the medications you'll find in the pharmacy from what a lot of people are saying.

RE: CBD oil - SpookyZalost - September 4th, 2017

hans: you say that but my uncle who's bi-polar and ADHD, possibly a bit PTSD because something in prison, literally goes nuts if he can't get his marijuana fix, rare as it is I've seen actual marijuana addiction, it's bizarre.

near as I can tell the only way to be addicted to it chemically to the point of jonesing (becomeing irritable, aggressive, needy, etc), is for there to be serious instability already to the point that the THC and endorphins affect neuro-chemical imbalances so that you become dependent on it for that balance.

basically it's not direct chemical dependence but chemical dependence on it's effects, if that makes any sense?

but again, rare.

RE: CBD oil - Guardian - September 4th, 2017

(September 4th, 2017 at 12:45 PM)SpookyZalost Wrote: near as I can tell the only way to be addicted to it chemically to the point of jonesing (becomeing irritable, aggressive, needy, etc), is for there to be serious instability already to the point that the THC and endorphins affect neuro-chemical imbalances so that you become dependent on it for that balance.

I mean, if it's the only way for him to feel stable and helps him control his issues, I say let him.

RE: CBD oil - Darth-Apple - September 5th, 2017

Speaking from first hand experience (did it a couple times a while back, not anymore), being high definitely distinctively makes you feel different. Unless you do too much, it's not one of those things where you just won't be able to function. People go to work, go to class, socialize, live their normal lives when high all the time.

It makes you feel a lot more "connected" to the world around you, and the best way I could describe it is that it's like looking through life through a bird's eye lens. You'll see the bigger picture a lot better, or at least you'll feel like you do. Perhaps the "bigger picture" is a skewed view of things a bit, but ultimately, a coworker saying some nasty shit to you will get you down less because you'll see it as just a minor thing. Or you not getting your way in a negotiation won't bother you because you'll know you will have other chances. You'll overthink stuff a lot less, negative and/or traumatic memories won't affect you as much, and you'll roll with things a little better as they happen.

CBD oil has a lot of the same anti-anxiety and calming effects, but you don't really feel the same "high," so its great for people (like myself, who have a severe anxiety disorder) to be able to cope with life a little better without having to be high to get there. Because, being high, you will feel very unfocused and out of it (and time slows down while you're at it too). And it turns out you're actually a hell of a lot less "out of it" than you feel, but still... You'll feel like the world will see you as a totally different person but the world has no idea. At most, they'll assume you are tired, or that you are having a good day, and that'll be the end of it. It's bizzare. And CBD oil has no such effect. Tongue

That said, the problem with classical marajuana is that it stifles your motivation a bit. Because negative consequences don't get to you so much, you'll degrade your real-life coping skills a little. Not always a good thing long term for an ordinary person without a history of PTSD or some other illness. If you're gonna turn to THC, it's good to at least be educated about what it does.

RE: CBD oil - SpookyZalost - September 7th, 2017

agreed, honestly I have to wonder if the recent marijuana craze is partially to blame for the rampant idiocy and lack of work ethic in today's young adults, along with ubiquitous and easily abused access to the entirety of human knowledge via smartphone.

RE: CBD oil - Guardian - September 7th, 2017

(September 7th, 2017 at 1:06 PM)SpookyZalost Wrote: easily abused access to the entirety of human knowledge via smartphone.

THIS. I'm telling you... the more accessible knowledge and information is... the more elusive it is to people's minds. 

RE: CBD oil - SpookyZalost - September 12th, 2017

seems like a paradox right?

RE: CBD oil - Guardian - September 13th, 2017

(September 12th, 2017 at 7:46 AM)SpookyZalost Wrote: seems like a paradox right?

Indeed. Inexplicable. Unfathomable. 

I just can't...

RE: CBD oil - Gmdykfuiygh66476 - March 12th, 2018

The easier it is for people to access information, the lazier people get. The lazier people get, the dumber.

(unproven highly opinionated theory brought to you by pupper_donut)

RE: CBD oil - Guardian - March 12th, 2018

(March 12th, 2018 at 9:51 PM)pupper_donut Wrote: The easier it is for people to access information, the lazier people get. The lazier people get, the dumber.

(unproven highly opinionated theory brought to you by pupper_donut)

Unproven scientifically, but my field observations concur with this hypothesis.

RE: CBD oil - SpookyZalost - March 15th, 2018

It's also possible that humans simply aren't driven enough to understand things more. This is fairly evident to me in tech support because a lot of people are intimidated by it, and refuse to do things themselves as a consequence.

RE: CBD oil - Darth-Apple - March 15th, 2018

* Darth-Apple tries to find power button. Calls for help. Big Grin

RE: CBD oil - SpookyZalost - March 15th, 2018

hans: I've actually gotten that call before... -_-

I had to describe it to them "the button that has a circle with a line through part of it."

and not all power buttons are labeled that way either.

RE: CBD oil - Gmdykfuiygh66476 - March 20th, 2018

"Ma'am, your CD tray is not a cup holder"